You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Nested [REGIONS]

Adam Roate 1388768

Adam Roate 1388768
Posted
Posted

Ross - I hope you read this one! Our ARTCC (ZAU) is in the process of a complete SCT2 file re-write. O'Hare was/is constantly "turned on" when the sector file loads. In our previous sector file, so the smaller airports (cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] C/D) would be invisible unless needed, all of the airports except KORD were drawn as paths only (no regions polygons except for KORD), and could be turned on and off as a subsection in the [sTARS] diagrams. Now in the new file, I want to use [REGIONS] data for the smaller airports, but it seems I cannot create a nested [REGIONS] in the in subsections of the smaller airports. Therefore, all regions are turned on at all times. Any suggestions for a work-around?

Adam Russell

ZAU

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Regions can only be turned on or off, nothing in between.

With that said, you could make multiple files for a tower/TRACON setup, and additionally split those up for vSTARS ASDE-X implementation.

Personally, I would only have regions for airports with ASDE-X, then just an outline for everything else.

Adam Roate 1388768
Posted
Posted (edited)

I completely agree, but now at least 4 of the airports in ZAU have ASDE-X in use. Exploring multiple sector files is a good thought though. Thank you!

Edited by Guest

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Ross - I hope you read this one!

I did read it ... nothing to add.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Adam Roate 1388768
Posted
Posted

Haha! Thank you, Sir!