You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Suggestion

Richard Oberwinkler 121485

Posted
Posted

Hi,

If I may, I'd like to suggest a quick possibility to switch sound output devices (from Headphones to Speaker).

It would be nice if there where a possibility (button) to toggle sound output device, because I don't really fly my long range flights with my headset on all the time but when I talk to ATC I would like to put them on and quickly be able to switch the output device to the Headset.

So if possible, I would like to request this feature for an update.

kind regards

Richard Oberwinkler aka liketofly

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

I just have a split connector, one to my headset, one to my speakers. When I'm on log hauls I just turn the speakers on.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Ryan Savara 1369362
Posted
Posted

VoiceMeeter is a great application that can do this. It replaces the default Windows sound engine with one that is more flexible. You can send your vpilot audio to it, then route it to different output devices attached to your computer.

It can also be used for streaming. I have the payware version, which adds a couple other features, but overall can be used the same. All my simulator audio, as well as vpilot, go through VoiceMeeter and to my headset, as well as a virtual device that OBS can capture. I can stream and have TeamSpeak, YouTube, and whatever else go only to my headset, while the OBS only gets what I want it to.

Senior Student (S3)

Chicago ARTCC Events Coordinator

Posted
Posted
VoiceMeeter is a great application that can do this. It replaces the default Windows sound engine with one that is more flexible. You can send your vpilot audio to it, then route it to different output devices attached to your computer.

It can also be used for streaming. I have the payware version, which adds a couple other features, but overall can be used the same. All my simulator audio, as well as vpilot, go through VoiceMeeter and to my headset, as well as a virtual device that OBS can capture. I can stream and have TeamSpeak, YouTube, and whatever else go only to my headset, while the OBS only gets what I want it to.

Thanks for that tip, got to try it next time...

regards

Richard