You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals Issue

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

OK, I replaced my CH Pro Pedals with a Thrustmaster TFRP unit. Enabled the device in FSX and made only 3 axis [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments- X to Left Brake Y to Right Brake and Z to Rudder.

Using them with a two engine aircraft the brakes work fine and the rudder axis moves the rudder as it should. However, in addition to rudder movement pushing the right pedal also engages the left engine thrust reverser and pushing left pedal increases thrust on the left engine.

I have triple-checked that there is no [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment for engine controls for this device. The throttles are programmed to a TQ and movement there is effective, however, rudder pedal inputs override the TQ inputs.

I have reached out to Thrustmaster but the response from them has been generic and not applicable to the issue I am experiencing so I am reaching out to the community for ideas.

Thanks...as always.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Looks like the right pedal decreases thrust on engine 1, and the left pedal increases it.

Quadruple check your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments, then make sure you don't have an FSUIPC mapping to that axis. Something is mapped.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your input Luke.

Indeed, the problem was an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment of the Z Rudder axis in FSUIPC to Throttle 1.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png