You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Departures on Departure List

Ray Trac 1397898

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I find that there are no departures in my Departure List. My Arrival List works perfectly fine. I actually don't know why.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

Yes. Here's a screenshot of my general settings, quick settings, and runways.

https://imgur.com/a/t2KG0

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ray

It seems you are trying to explore the features of ES straight forward. This is nice to see. However, since your questions are on a basic level (obviously as you reported to have just started using ES), I would propose you to choose to read first the docomeentation: http://www.euroscope.hu/mediawiki/index.php?title=Main_Page. There is also a search function available which will most probably answer your questions for a while. Thereafter, I suggest you to register for a training session in your local vACC to learn more about the functions of ES in detail. I guess this will be more effective. Also check that the files provided fit the requirements of ES. There should be a sct and an ese file. Sector files for VRC may work only limited. From your screenshot, it looks like the data format wasn't meant for ES or the sct file content couldn't be read properly.

Regards

Jonas

Edited by Guest

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

The the sct, ese, and rwy files should be good. ZLA ARTCC uses VRC, so no training for ES. Also, when I try accessing some articles on the wiki, it gets an error:

A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "Database::fieldExists". MySQL returned error "1030: Got error 28 from storage engine (mysql.wla.hu)".

The error didn't happen yesterday so idk what's up with that.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

No, that's not what you need to check. You need go to the "Other SET" ==> "Active airports/runways" and then set the airport(s) active that you want to control, including the runways that you wish to operate for what purpose.

The menu item looks like this:

ActiveAirportRunwaySelectorDialog32.gif

Indeed the Wiki seems to have a problem, I am getting the same error message here today. It may be back later or tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

I have already tried that. I attached an image on the first post btw.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I informed Gergely (ES developer) additionally via mail asking him to fix the wiki issue.

There are more files provided for a ES package than just sct/ese. I.e. like a pof file for VRC, there is a text file (or multiple files as the content may be splitted) containing the voice channels and many more settings. So if your ARTCC doesn't provide this data format, this will be a quite difficult task which requires some knowledge about the data structure of these two clients. You will have to transfer everything manually from the VRC format, which I honestly think isn't reasonable.

And be aware, even if the file type seems to be similar (sct for both VRC and ES), the required format inside is partly different. They are not interchangeable.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

I am 95% sure I have everything. I understand VRC files are not interchangeable with ES files.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

Have you collapsed the arrival list perhaps?

LqzgjIZ.png

It should be like this (arrow on the right pointing up, the columns are different probably)

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Thimo,

No, my departure list is not collapsed. I really don't understand why nothing is appearing on the list.

unknown.png

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Andrew Ogden
Posted
Posted

Aircraft will only appear on the departure list if they are in your airspace. Somehow, Euroscope thinks your airspace is somewhere it shouldn't be.

Have you checked that your callsign is correct and is including at least part of the ICAO code for the airport? If it is, then have you checked that the correct position is selected in the sector ownership dialogue? It looks like this:

8qo9ei0.png

As you see, I have checked that NZAA_TWR owns Auckland Tower and the traffic should now appear in the departure list. It should automatically be doing this with you, but you might as well check. It could also be a problem with the sector file not having these ownership settings set up properly.

Cheers,

Andrew Ogden
Gander Oceanic OCA Chief
Vancouver FIR Senior Instructor

Visit us: https://ganderoceanic.ca

CZQO LogoCZVR Logo

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Andrew,

This didn't solve the problem. The conflict alerts and arrivals all work but not the departure list.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

• 2 weeks later...
Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Hey,

Maybe if I send you guys the ESE file, RWY file, and SCT file, it might help. Make sure you download it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LDW3_daO7aMsOf7yetfoDqvyo1yy6lCH

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Make sure the airports are active. You can do that in the runway configuration.

If the files are setup correctly, they will actually do it on their own, if you tick the box in general settings under miscellaneous options: Set active APT by owned sectors.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Morten,

I've already tried but Im giving it another go. This time, I have edited the files a little more to see if it works. I will update you when I have a departure.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Morten,

It doesn't work. I have updated the files I linked on the first page.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

What position are you connecting as? Ground or Tower?

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Morten,

Ground, SAN_GND

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I would still go for the sector ownership setup step, that was made earlier. I'm by far an expert on this, so I can't really tell you what else, it could be.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Morten,

Huh ok. I'll keep editing the sector files till something comes out.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Ray,

To be clear. The file you provided is not a native ES sector file at all. It was probably modified to look so, but there are different problems. Missing or bad format data, missing additional files to use all the ES functionality. So you can't expect ES to work as it should because the data format is not appropriate.

This starts with the missing airspace definition for GND. As a consequence, ES doesn't know what your AoR is and so doesn't know which aircraft should be displayed. I suggest you to verify, the following option in the general settings is deselected:

03_12_2017_15_25_14.png

Then go to the active airport/runway dialog and make sure to set DEP and ARR active for your airport.

03_12_2017_15_26_11.png

This will disable the automation in this matter and should bring you the intended results.

Always keep in mind that the sector file you currently use is not prepared correctly for ES use. So we are here actually discussing an editing issue which you should clarify with your local staff.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Jonas,

Yes, both are checked. My ARTCC doesn’t provide ES files so I can’t ask them.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png

Bjoern Helge Smaavollan
Posted
Posted

I suggest you read up on ese file creation.

My guess is that the gnd sector isn't covering the aircrafts you expect to show up.

If the planes are outside the gnd boundary in .ese they won't show as they aren't your responsibility per se.

Arrivals will show because they are predicted to enter your sector.

Ray Trac 1397898
Posted
Posted

Bjoern,

Yep, doing that. I was switching parts out of my PC so I couldn't do much plus I had school.

Sincerely,

Ray Trac

Ray Trac

0.png