You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

The "Push to Talk" does not work on my rig

claus jensen

claus jensen
Posted
Posted

Setup: Windows 10 64-bit / X-Plane 10 / x737 v.5.2

I installed XSquawbox- tested the Mike - and while I can hear the VATSIM controllers and the pilots, I am not able to transmit voice using the "Push to Talk" key ' (Apostrophe).

Any suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thank you.

X-Plane 10 / x737-800 / pilot with Alaska Airlines Virtual / VATSIM Call sign: ASA4357 /

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

The default push to talk is the back quote `. Unless you changed it to the apostrophe, try using that.

claus jensen
Posted
Posted

I don't have that on my keyboard; the only quotation mark is ".

X-Plane 10 / x737-800 / pilot with Alaska Airlines Virtual / VATSIM Call sign: ASA4357 /

claus jensen
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I found it. Might be an idea to describe it as the key located right under the "Esc" key ( for users with poor vision, like the undersigned.

Thank you for solving this conundrum for me!

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Not all keyboards have a backtick key, and those that do don't always put it in the same place.

It was a strange choice of default PTT key considering how easily it is confused with the apostrophe.

You can of course change your PTT key to whatever key you prefer, in XSquawkBox preferences.

swift - Developer

claus jensen
Posted
Posted

Now that I found the key - and it works - I am happy.

But the user guide definitely needs to spell out the location of the key, rather than make it so confusing...

Mario Jimenez 1220106
Posted
Posted

Pleas somebody could help me with the xsquawk box i can not write on it even I don't know how and where to place the muouse to write and today i was disconnected by a supervisor cause I was not able to replay to his messages. Thanks a lot

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
Pleas somebody could help me with the xsquawk box i can not write on it even I don't know how and where to place the muouse to write and today i was disconnected by a supervisor cause I was not able to replay to his messages. Thanks a lot

Read the docomeentation. It explains how to communicate via text.