You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft hovering above me.. can't seem to find answer?

Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson
Posted
Posted

Okay so I've done a lot of googling lately, and I can't seem to find the right answer. Here is what I'm currently running:

P3d v4

Active Sky 2016 + cloud art

PMDG 737

ORBX Global, Vector, and North America

FSDT GSX and KDFW

vPilot

When I used to be on FSX, I never saw aircraft that hovered. I believe it has something to do with UTX and terrain levels (from google searching) but not 100% sure. Now it seems like every single aircraft is much much higher then me. They are floating in the air. I thought it was a once occurrence, but during Friday's FNO, almost every aircraft was higher then me..

any suggestions? Should I go into the orbx settings and disable AEC for all airports? Note that during the FNO I went from KSTL to CLE (both of which are default airports.. no add-on airports for them currently.). At both airports I the majority (like over 90%) were hovering..

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Without knowing the exactly cause - I would take a simple guess on ORBX Vector. I have heard about the causing some issues. But again, it is only a simple guess.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Jonathan Johnson
Posted
Posted

Disabling the auto elevation for all airports fixed the issue. So good to know for anyone else having this issue!!