You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Synchronized voice room list on proxy client

Thimo Koolen

Thimo Koolen
Posted
Posted

As a Tower control, I always have two instances of Euroscope on: the normal ground view of the airport and the approach view, to check for incoming traffic and of course check if a departure is squawking mode C, so Approach can see the plane. The Euroscope proxy connection is really useful and it seems everything is synchronized perfectly between the two instances of Euroscope. Except the voice room list...

This one seems to always be empty on the proxy instance. Am I doing something wrong or is it really not synchronized between the Euroscope instances?

spacer.png

ACCNL4 (Training Director) - Dutch VACC

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

It is not synchronized - I think it is because you can't even set a frequency in your proxy session as well.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Affirm, not synchronized. It's the same as for pilot clients (e.g. vPilot). There is only one "voice master". In ES, this is the first instance.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

• 1 year later...
Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

Question on this. If you have multiple instances of ES open, does your voice transmit only when your mouse is on the voice instance. I have several open and if i am working on a proxy I cannot seem to transmit on the voice channel unless I first click on the primary and make it active. Is this correct?

847924.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Negative, at least not for me. I can have any other window selected on my computer that whenever I press my PTT key, it'll start transmitting on frequency.

Me.

Mark Wolpert
Posted
Posted

OK, I will try it again.

847924.png