You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't connect to simulator.

Joel Martinsson 1365065

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

So, I have been off Vatsim for a few months and now I reaaallyyy want to get back to it. I just finished reinstalling FSX (yes I still use FSX) after my computer somehow deleted a few files from FSX. I have been refreshing my memory with procedures etc for a while now and I feel ready to go into Vatsim and start. However when I am trying to connect using vPilot it just gives me the error message "vPilot is unable to connect to the simulator. Please ensure that FSX/P3D is running and a flight is loaded". I have searched all over google but it seems like im the only one experiencing this issue. What should I do to make this work?

/Joel

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted

Is FSX loaded and are you loaded into the sim (not on the loading screen).

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

Yes, I am at the gate.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Did you reinstall vPilot? More importantly since you reinstalled FSX have you also done the same for SimConnect?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

I reinstalled vPilot yes. Where can I find simconnect? Is it my FSX files or vpilot files?

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

I found Simconnect and installed it, however its still not recognizing my FSX.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Curious, which version of SimConnect did you install? Just want to make sure it was the version of SimConnect that is required by the software, as specified in the docomeentation.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

That could perhaps be the problem, since the version of SimConnect from that link is not the version vPilot requires.

Try this version (10.0.61259.0) instead: http://vpilot.metacraft.com/[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ets/Files/SimConnect.msi

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

Still not working . Once FSX is booted up to main menu vpilot saids Simconnect error: version_mismatch 5 and it saids that like 10 times on the same time. It then stops and I load onto gate, I try to connect and it won't work.

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

I fixed the version mismatch issue by removing SP2 but it still won't connect to Vatsim.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

If you uninstalled SP2, I'm not at all surprised vPilot won't work correctly; SP2 and/or Acceleration are one of the system requirements for vPilot.

I'm confused why you're having troubles. Did you ensure your system meets the system requirements, install SimConnect and .NET framework per the Docomeentation.

If not, or if you're not sure, try installing per the docomeentation and let us know how that goes.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

Now when I try to reinstall SP2 it gives me the error message "To install SP2 you need to have Microsoft Flight Simulator English version". My game is on English and there is no option to choose Swedish version. Wow I did not thought it would be so much issue with this urghhh.

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

I completely reinstalled FSX, vPilot and simconnect, but it won't work. I watched a youtube video on how to fix it but that showed me that I should go into SDK folder, which I do not have. This is going on my nervs sooo bad lol

Joel Martinsson 1365065
Posted
Posted

Is there any kind soul out there that is willing to send me the FSX files? I have lost my discs but I still have the activation code written down. I believe that the source I download from (my old computer) is missing files. For example the SDK folder is completely gone. I don't have money to get p3d or xplane atm.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Sorry Joel, no can do. Even if you are being 100% honest we cant use the forum that way.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg