You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flightplans VATroute and more

Elias Kuhl 1411920

Elias Kuhl 1411920
Posted
Posted

Hi i´m new at vatsim and want to fly after Flightplans. Thanks Google I quickly found a few pages like VATroute. I wanted to fly this but don´t know how to bring this in FSX. I don´t have payware planes with FMC and so on so I can´t put them in the FMC. Can anyone help me out with this

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The method I usually recommend is SimBrief.

You go to the Dispatch Options screen where you put in your flight parameters, you select Generate OFP which creates your flightplan, and then there is a whole table of options for downloading that flightplan. You can choose FSX/P3D, save it in your Docomeents in the Flight Simulator X subfolder, then load it into the sim from the startup screen using the Flight Planner page and hitting the Load button at the bottom.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Philipp Edlich
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello Elias,

you can use vasFMC, which is available in a standalone version, providing you an FMC for every aircraft. The problem is, that it uses AIRAC data just like every payware aircraft. You can buy these AIRAC data at Navigraph or Aerosoft NavDataPro. EDIT: You don't need to buy every new AIRAC, depending on the changes that are made in real life and the area you fly in, once or twice is absolutely sufficient.

The second bad news is, that VATroute is closing soon. You should consider using another route database like vRoute. These routes are also checked against Eurocontrol CFMU just like VATroute.

Kind Regards,

Philipp

Edited by Guest

| Enroute Controller |

gen.php?img=_13_14_15&cid=1081694

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

By the way, one caveat with SimBrief, since I don't know what your overall simulated flight experience is: the flight briefing docomeent that SimBrief creates is pages and pages of wonderfully complex information, which can be intimidating if you are a newer simulator pilot. If you look through that and know what you're looking at, great -- it's very useful stuff! If you don't, don't panic. All You really need from SimBrief to get going is the route that it suggests on the Dispatch Options page, and the downloadable that it creates on the Flight Briefing page. You can toss the rest until you gain more experience and want to add layers of realism which make use of that information.

In particular you should discard the fuel planning information if you are flying the FSX default 737, as that model sucks down *way* more fuel than its real-world counterpart. There's a way to fix that by tinkering with the aircraft.cfg file and changing the fuel scalar from 1.0 to something like 0.6. (Again, that may or may not be useful information to you now, depending on the level of experience you're bringing into this conversation!)

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png