You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Terrain Map Tutorial for EuroScope

Shrikar Galgali

Shrikar Galgali
Posted
Posted

Just a Head's Up. My Microphone is the worst. Sorry!

Shrikar Galgali

Proud Member of VATWA Division

India vACC

26.png

• 2 weeks later...
Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tutorial Shrikar. Really useful for areas with high terrain levels.

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

• 4 weeks later...
Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Hi! Great tutorial! I use AutoCAD, SHP files with the terrain, Excel and 3D studio MAX, is not simple and take time, but the terrain looks very good!

1.png

2.png

Full video:

Cuando se busca tanto el modo de hacerse temer se encuentra siempre primero el de hacerse odiar.

When man seeks so much the way that people fear him, he first finds a way to be hated.

18.png

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Hello Cesar,

Since you're talking about AutoCad. Do you know how to use charts to make ground layouts with it?

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png

Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Sure, I know how, but is not easy to explain, first you need set the aiport in the correct UTM coordinates and draw the airport, save the file as DXF, use a converter DXF-KML-SCT, done. I'm not a expert, but there is two ways I use to create ground layout, first: using the BGL (AFCAD), if is FSX I use Airport Facilitator X to convert to FS9, that is the only BGL can Sected read, after that I convert the SCT to CSV (separated by ; ) modify the coordinates in excel to UTM using a formula, then create a SCRIPT file for Autocad to improve the airport in the program. The second way is using google earth, there is some tutorials online for that.

That is the easy explain... my english is not so good, so I hope you understand what I'm trying to explain..

Cuando se busca tanto el modo de hacerse temer se encuentra siempre primero el de hacerse odiar.

When man seeks so much the way that people fear him, he first finds a way to be hated.

18.png

Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Check this, is a new idea that I'm working now.

1.png

2.png

3.png

What you think?

18.png

• 2 weeks later...
Alex Beavil 1302142
Posted
Posted

That looks amazing; using charts to make ground layouts without tracing is something i've been trying to do for ages, with little success.

Alex Beavil

ROvACC Events

ACCRO7

34.png

Cesar Augusto Bermúdez
Posted
Posted

Hi! I'm not using charts to create ground layouts, I just create a sector file like jeppesen's charts, to create the layout I use others method, like this:

Whats_App_Image_2018_01_28_at_6_16_33_PM_1.jpg

18.png