You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Aircraft ID labels too small

Michael Barralet 1140392

Michael Barralet 1140392
Posted
Posted

Hi team, can you advise please. I am using XSB version 1.3.3

When online to Vatsim I am not able to read other pilots ID labels as the font size is far too small. I recently saw a screenshot of a fellow Vatsim pilot where his labels above the AC were much larger and you could read them, even from a distance. Also his labels appeared above the AC whereas mine are on the fuselage and are difficult to see. After much discussion we eventually discovered he was using version 1.3.2. He has not upgraded to the latest version. (he won't until this has been resolved)

2 questions:- 1) Am I able to adjust the font size for the label within the program?

2) If not, can I download a previous version 1.3.2?

If you aware of the issue and are planning to correct this, apologies for raising it again.

Regards , Michael.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

When online to Vatsim I am not able to read other pilots ID labels as the font size is far too small. I recently saw a screenshot of a fellow Vatsim pilot where his labels above the AC were much larger and you could read them, even from a distance. Also his labels appeared above the AC whereas mine are on the fuselage and are difficult to see. After much discussion we eventually discovered he was using version 1.3.2. He has not upgraded to the latest version. (he won't until this has been resolved)

If it works right in 1.3.2, it'll work right in 1.3.3. 1.3.3 is largely fixes, so this "I won't upgrade" mentality just harms yourself.

The font size thing has been raised on these forums before (hint: it's anti-aliasing+HDR related), and the behaviour has not changed across any version of XSB in that regard, so if the label sizes are good in 1.3.2, they'll be good in 1.3.3. If you're finding the labels are being shrunk below readable, turn off AA and there's a good chance that'll fix it.

Furthermore, as old releases are usually supplanted because of bugs, as a general policy, I will not make old versions available (1.2 remains available for XP9 users for example, but the older 1.3.x series releases will not be made available again).

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Michael Barralet 1140392
Posted
Posted
If you're finding the labels are being shrunk below readable, turn off AA and there's a good chance that'll fix it.

Many thanks for you very quick response Chris.

I will give it a try but the thought of seeing all those jagged edges around the aircraft worries me.

Regards Michael.

Edit: Can report this fixed the problem for me. Thank you Chris.