You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cannot transmit on vpilot.

Jeremy Morris 1414407

Jeremy Morris 1414407
Posted
Posted

I have been unable to transmit on vpilot while in FSX, I can if I switch windows. I am running both in administrator mode, running vpilot in compatibility mode (fsx crashes if I run it in compatability mode once I connect to vatsim), and using the PTT key on my controller. I used the .debug command and it doesn't seem to register the keypress when I'm in FSX, but does if vpilot is the active window. I'm sure there is something out there about this but I've spent two days reading through old threads about the issue with no luck.

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Shots in the dark here... hopefully someone with more knowledge than I will respond.

1) Is the controller button bound to anything in FSX?

2) Are you using a registered version of FSUIPC and using that button for anything in there?

3) In Windows, open up Game Controllers under the control panel, and go to properties for your controller. Does the button "light up" in the control panel while pressing it in FSX? Does it do so while vpilot has the focus?

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

You have to run vPilot as administrator.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I am running both in administrator mode,

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jeremy Morris 1414407
Posted
Posted

I have the same button set up as PTT in FSX, I will try removing that.

Jeremy Morris 1414407
Posted
Posted

That didn't work, I don't know what FSUIPC is. I did the control panel test and it does not light up while fsx is active, but it doesn't when vpilot is active either, but vpilot picks up the button press.

Steven Giblin 1287462
Posted
Posted

If you are using Windows defender you must allow Vpilot to access a public network through the firewall. Also exclude the Vpilot installation folder from the virus scan.

Steve G.

• 2 years later...
Bob Klemm
Posted
Posted

Had the same issue. Exempted vPilot in my AV, and it worked.

Bob Klemm