You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Where is modelmatching.log?

Bryn Battersby

Bryn Battersby
Posted
Posted

There used to be a really useful file called modelmatching.log in docomeents/vpilot. You could check it at the end of a flight and see which liveries were missing, and spend a few minutes adding these to the models so they worked next time.

This looks like it is now gone (along with the also useful similarAircraftTypes.txt where you could override erroneous ICAO codes for aircraft types, e.g., N747 to B744).

Is there any way to see which liveries are missing anymore?

Bryn.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I removed the model matching log with 2.0 because it is much less useful now that vPilot scans your installed models and autogenerates matching rules.

If you want to see which aircraft are not finding a match, you can use the debug log with the -dbglog command line switch. The resulting file will have entries for both successful and failed matches. You can search the file for "Model match failure" and it will show you the callsign and type code that it tried to match.

You'll probably want to delete the debug files every so often so they don't eat up too much disk space.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 5 months later...
Bryn Battersby
Posted
Posted

I've tried the -dbglog with the 2.1.17, but no debug log is created. I can only create a debug log using -dbgwin and saving to file. -netlog works, and creates a file as expected.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yup, looks like I turned off the debug logging and forgot to remove the command line option.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Bryn Battersby
Posted
Posted

No worries. Is it possible to turn it back on, so we can keep track of missing liveries? Cheers, Bryn.

Lindsey Wiebe 1101951
Posted
Posted

You can do this in real time by using .aircraft

it will show all the current matches (or mismatches... or no matches).

Mr.

VATSIM P2

Bryn Battersby
Posted
Posted

It’s helpful to have a text file at the end of the flight without having any interaction. I can write a script to filter the log to what I need, and then adjust my AI fleet accordingly.