You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC for newbies

pavlin stanchev 1361882

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Hello, VATSIM network. I am happy that I can become a part of you.

But I got some questions about connecting my account and starting ATC training.

I have a small amount of experience as ATC on several airports in FlightGear Flight Simulator. But I want to learn and perform ATC sessions in a realistic way. So:

1. How can I connect my account to division?

2. What Software should I need?

3. I noticed that VATEUD is down. I can't go to the website currently.

4. Do I need a separate account if I previously [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned as a pilot? I lost interest becoming a pilot, due to the fact that FG is can't connect this network.

5. Do I need full AIRAC procedures download from navigraph for delivery service and app?

I'll be grateful for any responses, thank you in advance.

PavlinS. FlightGear pilot.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Hello Pavlin,

1) Your account can be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to VATEUD through membership on www.vatsim.bet

2) You will probably have to use Euroscope. VRC is also an option, but probably not used anywhere inside VATEUD anymore.

3) The website is down yes, we are working on that, but we have to redesign the whole website, before it can go online again.

4) No, you can and shall use the account you already have. You can’t have more than 1 account on VATSIM.

5) Euroscope can import data from Navigraph, but it is not necessary. You will be fine without.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Thx for the reply. Vatsim.bet is unreachable, but I download and install EuroScope. So I have to wait???

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

https://www.vatsim.net/members/member-help

When you can reach this page, it tells you how to check if you are [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to correct division. Then you contact your local vACC to get started.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Roger, thank you.