You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT button not working

Brandon Duncan

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

I have no idea what happened, but now out of the blue my PTT button does not work in any of my planes. So now I cannot transmit voice. vPilot allows me to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a PTT button just fine which means it recognizes the button I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign, but the button that I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign does not allow me to transmit, I push the button and the Tx light in vPilot does not light up as it should when I press the button. I have tried other buttons but no buttons work. This just started happening.

Steven Perry
Posted
Posted

Are you running VPilot as administrator?

When you set the PTT you have Vpilot in focus I bet. When you're flying, you have the simulator in focus.

Steven Perry

VATSIM Supervisor

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

I do run vPilot as administrator.

The only reason I bring up vPilot in flight was when a controller a few nights ago could not hear me, so I pulled up vPilot and I noticed that when I press the PTT button the Tx light in vPilot was not lighting up.

Last week I could transmit voice without any problems. I have not added any add-on software to FSX since the problem began so we can rule out new add-ons as a problem.

When flying online I do not have FSX in full screen mode because vPilot is unlike Squawkbox. If an airport is not being controlled I have to type my announcements on UNICOM.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

What about receiving voice? Are you able to connect to a voice room and hear other voice comms going on?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

I receive ATC and ATIS voice on vPilot.

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Can anyone out there please help? I do not know how to fix the problem.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Where is your PTT button? If on a yoke, have you tried remapping it to a keyboard and checking if anything changes?

I wonder if a Windows update hosed something up. Can you restore your Windows to an earlier restore point, before you had the problem, and see if it resolves?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

When running vPilot as admin, make sure you also run your simulator as admin.

Richard Åsberg

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

I failed to mention but this happened to me in mid-flight, so I can rule out Windows update. I think, but maybe I am wrong, in that I can also rule out Windows update because I use this very same yoke button in another program and that program acknowledges the yoke button.

What is extremely weird is that vPilot recognizes my yoke button when I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign it in vPilot's PTT settings page, but it does not recognize it when I want to transmit. I have tried [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning other buttons, and vPilot recognizes the other buttons just like it recognizes the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned button on my yoke, but the other buttons do not allow me to transmit either.

I always run FSX and vPilot as administrator.

How many files would stay behind in the Windows 10 (64 bit) registry if I were to uninstall vPilot and re-install vPilot?

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Does it work if you make sure vPilot is in focus when you press PTT?

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Another thing you can try is not running FSX nor vPilot as admin.

Richard Åsberg

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

While running FSX and vPilot I pull up vPilot so that I can see it. When I push the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned PTT button the Tx light does not light up.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Is vPilot in focus when you press the button and you still don't see the transmit?

Richard Åsberg

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Just going to stab in the dark here as I run a networked system, But I have my PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned through FSUIPC, But you have to have the check mark in HOLD WHILE pressed, or else the TX will just flicker a not stay on.

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Brandon Duncan
Posted
Posted

Crisis avoided. Thanks to all who helped as I appreciate it greatly. I unplugged my yoke, restarted the computer, plugged the yoke back in and now I can transmit with my yoke PTT button.

Thanks again!

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Great news!

Richard Åsberg

• 3 months later...
Shaun Anderson
Posted
Posted

This has suddenly happened with me aswell.

Vpilot connects fine, I can hear all of ATC transmissions however when the PTT is pushed the TX does not light up.

I've tried a variety of buttons to no avail, however if I press the PTT when not connected to an active freq I do get the buzzer noise. Everything else within vpilot is working as it did before. I've even tried uninstalling / reinstalling but again no joy. On looking at the debug file, it is showing when the button is being pressed but again nothing is being transmitted across the channel.

No additional sceneries / addons etc have been added to the sim since the time when it did work.

Any [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance would be most appreciated

--------------------

Shaun Anderson

BAW526

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Ross may know/remember better, I *think* we've seen this once before. (?)

My first question is did you disconnect and reconnect your yoke, as this solved the problem for the last person who wrote about the issue. Probably not likely because the logs are showing the keypress.

My other thought is checking your antivirus and actively allowing vPilot as an exception and trying that. If no luck, disable your antivirus and try again.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Shaun Anderson
Posted
Posted

Yes I have tried everything mentioned earlier in this thread, but still nothing

--------------------

Shaun Anderson

BAW526

Christoph Reule 1379750
Posted
Posted

Checked that your OS allows any software to use the mic? I say so because I had similar problems in the past (on Win 10), and that was the solution.

Shaun Anderson
Posted
Posted

Think the culprit may have been found! After trying to start euroscope I also ran into errors with the audio! Switching the mic/headset into my networked machine and the problem appears to have vanished. Guessing there's a hardware problem on my original machine as all the settings within Win10 suggests that all software is allowed to use the mic.

Fingers crossed and time to setup the remote/host version of vpilot.

--------------------

Shaun Anderson

BAW526

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas Elesky
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

I have the same issue as the others. I upgraded my Winodows to Windows 10, 1803 and VPilot to the latest version. I operate using the remote with voice feature, I can receive but no matter what I do I cannot transmit. I do not have a yoke attached. My microphone and transmit key work in other programs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

• 1 month later...
Isidoro Attie
Posted
Posted

Help here as well.

Suddenly no TX transmission.

- I checked running as Admon.

- I can hear all comm sounds and connections.

- If I tune to unicom, I can hear the "buzz" Sound when pressing the PTT.

- I tried [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning PTT from joystick button, and as well from Keypress.

- I tried networked mode and client mode on same computer.

- I updated to latest VPILOT Version.

- Checked the debug text and Im getting the TRUE AND FALSE input when pressing PTT.

Still not able to transmit. Frustrating....

COM1 frequency is lid in blue.

RX lids blue when controller speaks

But TX not responding. Doesn’t lid up.

signature.jpg