You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Germany - Website and Forum

Christopher Bennett

Christopher Bennett
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone,

due to technical difficulties, the Forum and Website of VATSIM Germany is not reachable at the moment. We are aware of the situation and will inform you as soon as the services are functioning again.

Chris Bennett

Christian Neumann 1191881
Posted
Posted

Website and Forum are up and running.

Regards

Christian Neumann

VATGER1

• 11 months later...
Maximilan Friedrich 144474
Posted
Posted

Hi there!

Recently I tried to sign up to VATSIM Germany. But I don’t get an email to complete the registration. Also I tried the reach the support via two different email addresses but also the delivery of both emails is not possible, because the Adressen are not reachable.

Is it a problem of me or general problem?

Greetings

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Maximimilian,

we are currently migrating our mail-server and other parts of our infra-structure to another machine. You will receive your e-mail by confirmation as soon as they are back up and running.

The current status of our mail-server is "in the news" at http://www.vatsim-germany.org and I expect our staff to post an update there once everything has been restored.

• 1 month later...
Stefan Popp 1318248
Posted
Posted
Hi Maximimilian,

The current status of our mail-server is "in the news" at http://www.vatsim-germany.org ...

The certificate is invalid :/

• 2 weeks later...
Rainer Jurczyk
Posted
Posted

Seems to be down again since this morning?

EDIT: They work on it.

Regards Rainer

WorldFlight Team JeeHell A320

See You in the skies...

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

What happened to the stats page? it now redirects to the Germany region forum page.

• 3 weeks later...
Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

Stats page is online again. It was caught in the crossfire of resolving an (unrelated) issue on the server.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Nice to hear that. Good job, guys!

Me.

• 3 months later...
Kevin Klein 1461506
Posted
Posted

Hey there. my status RIGHT NOW is that i am waiting for reply from the support. ( 3 days now i think).

is there a way to have a talk with someone from the GER website to help me "live" ? i would really like to get started

all common voicechats available

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Hey Kevin,

please be aware that we all here contribute oúr leisure time for free. Since nobody get paid, having no replies within hours and days are not uncommon.

So please be patient. I am sure you will be able to enjoy the VATSIM network very soon.

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted
Hey there. my status RIGHT NOW is that i am waiting for reply from the support. ( 3 days now i think).

is there a way to have a talk with someone from the GER website to help me "live" ? i would really like to get started

all common voicechats available

While I cannot solve the issue right now I can tell you that the problem is your mail service provider - they will not accept any mail from VATSIM Germany at this time. We are talking to them to resolve this issue.

• 1 month later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Looks like it is still down, any update on the states page?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

There was an attack to the old website of VATGER and the staff decided to play it safe. So they too down the old site and forum and phased-in the new website before they were completed. The change-over was supposed to be done later this year. As a consequence they are now working hard to bring back all essential systems, the STATS are probably quite far down in their list of items to solve.

• 1 month later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted
There was an attack to the old website of VATGER and the staff decided to play it safe. So they too down the old site and forum and phased-in the new website before they were completed. The change-over was supposed to be done later this year. As a consequence they are now working hard to bring back all essential systems, the STATS are probably quite far down in their list of items to solve.

Any update on the Stats page?

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted
No, unfortunately not yet. We are still waiting for the contents of our old forums to be transferred to the new software.

Thanks for the update, hopefully things will be up and running soon.

• 3 months later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Any update on the Stats page?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Not so far, sadly the team is planning to convert and migrate the contents of the old VATGER-forum to the new forum, but this was delayed due to a sickness event. Stats? No idea, at this time.

• 4 months later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

I notice that the stats page is different to before, the old format was really nice with the top 50 airports. Can anyone tell me who created the old stats page? I am looking at creating my own website for Vatsim stats which will include not only top airports for each day and month, but also top airlines and aircraft types used.  I am currently looking for a little help in regards to the code and how one registers when/if an aircraft has departed and arrived at an airport. I am thinking the person that created the old stats page might be able to help.

Christopher Bennett
Posted
Posted

The old stats page was created by Thomas Purbs unfortunately he has been inactive for a few years now. The code was written in php5 and has not been updated in a long time. 

• Like 1

Chris Bennett

marcus holmes
Posted
Posted
29 minutes ago, Christopher Bennett said:

The old stats page was created by Thomas Purbs unfortunately he has been inactive for a few years now. The code was written in php5 and has not been updated in a long time. 

Thanks for your response. What about the current stats page, who is responsible for that?

Christopher Bennett
Posted
Posted

Sebastian Klietz would be the person to contact. He can point you in the right direction.

• Like 1

Chris Bennett

• 10 months later...
marcus holmes
Posted
Posted

Well after sorely missing the German Vatsim website airports stats page that was removed a couple years ago, I decide to create my own Vatsim stat website, which not only shows airports, but also airlines and aircraft types used on Vatsim.

In a nutshell the website shows the top 100 most popular airports, top 75 most popular airlines and top 25 aircraft types used on VATSIM, the data was first gathered at the start of the year – 3rd Jan 2021, and the site updates every 24hrs. There is also a search function on the website, so if you do not see your favourite airport or airline on the website tables you can just search for it to see what position they are in whole grand scheme of things.

I know there were a few members that missed the German airports stats page, so I really hope they and everyone else enjoys my website. Go check it out at - www.vatsimstats.net

• Thanks 1