You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Using multiple computers and monitors contecting proxy

Rick Bailey 884909

Rick Bailey 884909
Posted
Posted

I have Windows 7 64 bit os on three machines, xplane 10.51 32bit on three machines, squawkbox 1.3.3 on three machines, I connect with squawkbox with proxy checked on master machine 1, but doesn't connect other 2 machines with this proxy setting checked.( Each machine can connect thru squawbox individually without proxy checked,using CONNECT on each) Machines get video from number 1 master machine with their ip addresses in EXTERN Visual on master machine, I can't come up with any solution to why the master machine isn't conneting the squawkbox that has proxy checked to the slave machines, I have ports TCP: 80,6809 UDP: 3290 on all three machines both inbound and outbound open in firewall , and in router. Any help will be appreciated.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I think you're confused about how to set this up.

Set up X-Plane multi-machine visuals first and make sure it works.

Then, on the master, enable the proxy setting, and connect to vatsim normally.

On every OTHER machine, disable the proxy setting, and in the connection dialog, set the server to the IP Address of the master machine. Do not change the port. Certificate and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word do not matter (the proxy ignores them).

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Rick Bailey 884909
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much, your awesome ! I forgot the entry to my main server had to be placed in there and connect.. Thanks again.....

• 2 months later...
Ivan Chernov
Posted
Posted

I try to connect vatsim in crew with my friend. Friend connect to network via my proxy. Hi views planes, atc position but don’t hear controllers. Once we hear controller together and can contact with him. How can we resolve this problem?

C3 VATSIM ROSTOV ATC FIR

0.png

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I try to connect vatsim in crew with my friend. Friend connect to network via my proxy. Hi views planes, atc position but don’t hear controllers. Once we hear controller together and can contact with him. How can we resolve this problem?

As I have explained elsewhere, the proxy is not supported for multi-crew and/or voice "slaving".

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.