You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New X-CSL package won't work with XSB 1.3.3 or above

Mark Foister

Mark Foister
Posted
Posted

I emailed X-CSL to know why it don't work with the new models and they said this "he current X-CSL package is designed for x-ivap 0.4.0. The functions to changing liveries and the clamping on ground functions, as far as I know, in SB and X-Ivap have significant differences. If you will make small change the configuration files, i think you can use it for SB. I think you need to ask about this on the x-plane.org forum or VATSIM forum."

What would I need to do in order for the models to work ?

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I emailed X-CSL to know why it don't work with the new models and they said this "he current X-CSL package is designed for x-ivap 0.4.0. The functions to changing liveries and the clamping on ground functions, as far as I know, in SB and X-Ivap have significant differences. If you will make small change the configuration files, i think you can use it for SB. I think you need to ask about this on the x-plane.org forum or VATSIM forum."

What would I need to do in order for the models to work ?

They will not work in the short term.

I am currently working on XSB 1.4 to bring in the X-ivap ground clamping changes to libxplanemp and to fix a bug that slipped through in 1.3.3.

One of the issues that has arisen due to X-ivap doing their own thing without consulting any other libxplanemp developers is that they've introduced some hacks I refuse to support, namely:

• Integrated estimation of the vertical offset via traversing the model geometry
  • On-the-fly rewriting of OBJ8s to perform texture replacement

As I understand it, X-CSL uses both of these features now.

These will be supported (eventually) by an open source tool which will be made available that'll convert the CSLs to the standard format and/or precompute the offset. It will probably be available shortly after the first beta of XSB 1.4. CSLs processed with this tool should continue to work with the X-ivap derived clients too.

I will not be supporting on-the-fly rewrite of OBJ8 files, and we'll only support the texture replacement feature if Laminar gives us an interface to do texture-substitution at load-time, otherwise it's a can of worms I could do without. I have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed a request to Laminar for that and we will see what the outcome is.

The other feature they've added which is not being included in XSB is the Legacy CSL Taxilights - legacy CSLs are deprecated, and I am not bringing in any significant changes to the Legacy CSL renderer anymore.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.