You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot not working with P3D V4.2

Vernon Howells 1283665

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

Ok just updated to V4.2 and Vpilot isn’t working.

It’s connecting but when i enter an active airport freq the top right corner of the vpilot interface doesn’t go blue. I have tried multiple controllers and no freq connects?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Is the frequency shown in the upper right corner changing to match the new frequency you tuned in the radio?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

That is correct

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Are your avionics on? Did you check with a default aircraft? It could be that any add-on aircraft that you have, changed from 4.1 to 4.2. What I have done in my sim when I ran into this similar issue is to map the master avionics switch (that may not exist in the actual aircraft) to a keyboard shortcut (shift-a) and used that to "enable" the radios.

Tomas Hansson

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

Avionics are on.

I’m using Prosim 737 but can check with a default plane

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Just because your aircraft thinks that the avionics are on, it doesn't necessarily mean that P3D agrees! I would strongly recommend that you use a shortcut to turn on the "internal" master avionics as well. Let us know how it goes with a default aircraft...

Tomas Hansson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I use ProSim737 as well, but I haven't yet moved to p3d 4.2 since I saw some people in the ProSim forums talking about problems with 4.2. Have you searched the ProSim forums for issues with 4.2? I think one of them had to do with a change from 2 decimal places to 3, in the radios. Might be related.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

Some reason its working now after switching to a default plane ahaha

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

Its not working again. I don’t know why

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
Its not working again. I don’t know why

Can you maybe be more specific? Is it now not working in the default aircraft? I think we already determined that this issue seems to be specific to ProSim737 in P3D v4.2. Did you follow my recommendation above?

Tomas Hansson

Vernon Howells 1283665
Posted
Posted

Sorry!

I may have found the problem as in FSUIPC i never had the extend battery life? Maybe thats it?

Ian Niblo
Posted
Posted

I seem to remember that this is all tied to the Avionics Master switch which doesn't exist in the 737. Fortunately you can use FSUIPC to toggle the hidden Avionics Master Switch offset so at least you can turn it on. If you save your flight it should be on the next time you load it.

I have a faint memory that the avionics in the sim are accurately modelled - ie they're powered by the battery not the generators so you need your battery master switch on too. Of course that means that if your battery goes flat the avionics die and your vPilot radios die along with them. It can be puzzling if you don't know this and just happen to have your Avionics Master Switch on. If your engines are off your vPilot radios will work until the battery goes flat, then they'll stop working but it won't be obvious why. However your gens should keep the battery topped up, so getting your APU and its generator on asap should work around that.

If you're interested I was told this by a 737 captain in relation to the real plane:-

"The 737 doesn’t have an avionics master switch as such - the vital instruments and radios (captains PFD, ND, FMC1, Comm and Nav 1, stby instruments) are wired into the battery bus so as soon as the battery switch is turned on, they get powered up. Once an AC source is connected, either via the APU or ground power, a number of bus tie breakers close and all the avionics come online. So from a switching point of view, battery switch to ‘on’ brings DC powered instruments online and when APU or GPU are switched to come online, the remainder of the aircraft comes alive."

All the best,

Ian

Full size 737 cockpit - https://www.facebook.com/SimAirUK

Windows 7 64 bit, Prepar3d v4, vPilot , FSUIPC v5

Rex4 Texture Direct, Active Sky 2016 P3D4 +Active Sky Cloud Art, Ultimate Traffic Live