You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

is it ai or real?

Scott Bickford

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted

IS there a way to tell if traffic that I am seeing is ai or vatsim traffic? I have a good amount of GA traffic around NYC now at 10 a.m.

My G:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery only has ship traffic in it and ai is set to 0, except for ship traffic.

I did not explicitly load utLive.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

To see whether it is VATSIM traffic, check VATtastic.com. and/or, If you use vPilot, type the command .aircraft to see a list of the VATSIM traffic it is injecting into your sim.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ben Fan 1392211
Posted
Posted

I have disabled all my AI traffic, to avoid confusion, and I recommend it that way. AI traffic clutters and confuses you from VATSIM or AI, it also ruins VATSIM ATC, as it makes you not aware of surrounding aircraft and their danger.

Kind regards,

Ben - 1392211

Member of VATPAC Australia

Member at Australian Virtual Airline (Find me as AUS0367)

VATSIM Pilot

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
scenery only has ship traffic in it and ai is set to 0, except for ship traffic. I did not explicitly load utLive.

I think the original poster is saying he believes he has his AI traffic set to 0 but is concerned that he may still be seeing some, and wants to verify whether that is the case or there was an unusual amount of GA VATSIM traffic around him at the time.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Scott Bickford
Posted
Posted

utLive had some GA traffic option that was on. Also, there's an option under Add On menu to disable utLive.

Scott Bickford

810789.png

810789.png