You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Heavy Cargo at Zurich

Tony Causer 877445

Tony Causer 877445
Posted
Posted

I wonder if anyone knows which stands you use if you have heavy cargo (747F) at Zurich LSZH?

There is a Cargo Centre at the airport but I see only small stands by there. You must be able to park heavies there somewhere for unloading cargo.

I have the latest Aerosoft scenery and charts.

Many thanks for any help.

Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

Looks like they're not big on cargo traffic at all, seems Turkish are the only guys flying there regularly. They park their A330s down here by the threshold of rw34, so you'll probably fit the 747 as well: https://goo.gl/maps/4eNwz8gmJtA2

Tony Causer 877445
Posted
Posted

Hi Magnus

Thank you so much for the reply.

I actually got some more information.

I am the Operations Director at the Airwego Group VA and one of our pilots in our Cargo division (AirweCargo) went online and spoke to a live controller at Zurich.

Apparently when cargo heavies use Zurich they use the parking marked C, T or D in the area shown as "Maintenance" on the charts. I understand C is favoured!

So there you have it!

Thanks again for the interest.

Tony Causer

• 2 weeks later...
Alasdair Whyborn 1341821
Posted
Posted

I personally try to use the Tango, Charlie, and occasionally Delta stands for cargo to avoid having to cross RWY 34.

Due to wing span restrictions, code F cargo aircraft (B748/AN124/AN225) are usually parked on the Whisky stands.

• 7 months later...
nebojsa milosavljevic
Posted
Posted

I usually use Wiskey stands

nebojsa