You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[Sat 14 April 11-23z] CROSS THE POND WESTBOUND 2018

Gunnar Lindahl

• Board of Governors
Gunnar Lindahl
Posted
Posted

ctpw.jpg

VATCAN, VATEUD, VATSIM-UK, and VATUSA are pleased to announce Cross the Pond Westbound 2018!

The next edition of this long standing event will take place on Saturday 14th April 2018 with departures beginning at 1100z.

This edition has been extremely popular during the planning phase, with no less than 24 applications as candidate airports and nearly 4,000 individuals voting to help us choose between these candidates. The following airports have been selected:

Departure Airports

London Heathrow (EGLL)

Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM)

Warsaw-Chopin (EPWA)

Barcelona El-Prat (LEBL)

Vienna (LOWW)

Arrival Airports

Calgary (CYYC)

Toronto Pearson (CYYZ)

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson (KATL)

Washington Dulles (KIAD)

New York John F. Kennedy (KJFK)

Miami (KMIA)

Chicago O’Hare (KORD)

Bookings

As always, bookings are based on slot timings and city pairs determined by the planning team, whereby individuals can define a callsign and planning flight level. These slot pairs are then [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned routings 8 hours before departure, to ensure some organised traffic flows can be established. For the best experience, bookings are highly recommended. Our website will be available for bookings to be made at 1300z on Saturday 31 st March 2018. Bookings will no longer be changed after 2200z on Friday 13th April 2018.

You can expect the final information about your flight to be emailed to you a few hours before departure.

Further Information

Flying in Oceanic Airspace requires special procedures, which we ask all pilots to follow. If this is your

first event of this nature or you are lacking experience – we highly recommend taking some time to do

some self-study via one of the following resources:-

VATSIM UK Oceanic Procedures:

https://vatsim.uk/oceanic-procedures/

Virtual Norwegian Oceanic Procedures:

https://www.virtualnorwegian.net/oceanic/

We expect that ATOs will also provide training to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist with this. Expect more information soon both here and via local organization websites.

We look forward to welcoming you to our skies in a few weeks for the busiest event of the VATSIM calendar!

GUNNAR LINDAHL 
## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

• Robert Shearman Jr

• Juan Perez

• Joshua Jenkins

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chris Pawley

Chris Pawley 7 posts

• Robert Shearman Jr

Robert Shearman Jr 6 posts

• Juan Perez

Juan Perez 4 posts

• Joshua Jenkins

Joshua Jenkins 4 posts

Popular Days

• Apr 14 2018

26 posts

• Mar 31 2018

17 posts

• Mar 21 2018

8 posts

• Apr 12 2018

8 posts

Mark Richards
Posted
Posted

Added to the VATSIM Events Calendar - https://www.vatsim.net/events/cross-pond-westbound-2018

Mark Richards (811451)

Auckland, New Zealand

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I have restocked my supply of of F5 replacement keys for all the folks that wear theirs out on 31 March between 1255Z - 1330Z; just $1 US plus shipping.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Daniel Rechberger
Posted
Posted

Question: I am qualified for Oceanic (Northern Atlantic) ...

--> Where do I need to send a line, in order to be a part of the madness over the Altantic?

Chris Pawley
Posted
Posted

Simon Irvine :-

simon (dot) irvine (at) vatsim (dot) uk

Chris Pawley

Division Director

VATSIM UK

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

As Polish person, I am so happy to see Warsaw in the list for first time ever! Very happy Polish person here now!! I think you know where I will be flying from!

Really want to fly to Calgary but the problem is.....there is no P3Dv4 confirmed scenery available for Calgary so......any recommendation scenery for this airport?

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

Daniel Ramos
Posted
Posted

I will be there!!!!!

Rick Rump
Posted
Posted
As Polish person, I am so happy to see Warsaw in the list for first time ever! Very happy Polish person here now!! I think you know where I will be flying from!

Really want to fly to Calgary but the problem is.....there is no P3Dv4 confirmed scenery available for Calgary so......any recommendation scenery for this airport?

I have used the payware one that is out just fine in v4.2.

VATUSA Mid-west Region Manager | Former VATUSA Training Director | Former ZDC ATM/DATM/TA/WM

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 5

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

CYYC, Calgary P3dv4 Compatible

http://www.fsimstudios.com

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

Bryce Collings 1302123
Posted
Posted

What is usually the time of the last departure slot?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Usually around 15Z

Don Desfosse

Celestyn Chmielewski
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Andreas, Rick and Clarke.

Calgary will be my second international airport to visit in Canada since the start of my VATSIM career......can't think of any other international airport in Canada that I already visited apart from Toronto so this will be interesting experience for me!

Both of my arrival and departure airports I voted for are in the list so quite pleased with the result!

Celestyn Chmielewski

Proud to be member of British Airways Virtual!

CelestynChmielewskiSignature4.png

Trevor Hannant
Posted
Posted

For those looking for P3Dv4 compatible scenery, this is a decent resource:

https://fselite.net/p3dv4-compatible-airport-map/

Trevor Hannant

Andrea Mazzoni
Posted
Posted

Not happy to see that for another time, Italy wasn't selected. As Italian, I hope to see an Italian Airport for next CTP.

Sometimes things get complicated. ATC on VATSIM as Milano Radar (LIMM_N_CTR) Twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/italianalien21

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted
Not happy to see that for another time, Italy wasn't selected. As Italian, I hope to see an Italian Airport for next CTP.

Hope is not a strategy. Selection is, among other variables, largely dependent on the votes that the fields get. If you want to do more than just hope an Italian airfield gets selected, you should do everything you can to help make that happen, including ensuring ample, effective ATC the rest of the year, promote the candidacy and selection of Italian airfields on social media, etc.

Don Desfosse

Alessandro Buscaglione
Posted
Posted
ensuring ample, effective ATC the rest of the year

I think this is the primary factor in getting voted, not so much the advertising on the social media pages, if people enjoy flying there they will vote it, whether it's been advertised or not.

In terms of voting, I think Rome's airport would've had more votes as the community flies there more often, but due to the distance restriction the chances of making the single spot (for the further airport) would've been less.

Alessandro Buscaglione

VATITA Director ACCIT1

[email protected] --- [email protected]

Prince Johnson
Posted
Posted

Ladies/Gents!

Grateful for another CPT (to all involve)!

Maybe it's not said enough, but I'm thankful for VATSIM and the dedicated individuals who contribute so grateful to this 'beloved' hobby (all staff/members)

Stream Link for the day (tentatively: Warsaw to Miami): click ==> FDX978 Heavy

See you all event day!

//FDX978

Prince Johnson

FDX978 | N978PJ

24.png

Alexander Jaxgard
Posted
Posted

Heyyyyy almost an hour to go!

signature-light.png

Zachary Jaglo 1322646
Posted
Posted

Wish It wasn't 8 AM in my time zone. I'm here, let the fighting for slots begin!

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted
Wish It wasn't 8 AM in my time zone. I'm here, let the fighting for slots begin!

I don't think you should he complaining... It's 6am in mine

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Joerg Dolgner
Posted
Posted

Having three different devices, two of them battery powered, and each with an independent internet connection. Crazy!

WaitingForTheSLots.jpg

So long,

Joerg

MQT66J ~~~ DLH6514 ~~~ D [C|E|F|G|H|I] JDO

?id=edll,vatoic&vid=881387

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Got it!

GWT6CWs.jpg

Nice work again by CTP's staff getting that all together and working flawlessly!

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Afonso Vale 1348911
Posted
Posted

Got mine, LOWW-CYYZ, didn't get the callsign I wanted, but hey, it was tough to get it as is!