You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No FMC how do I proceed?

Aaron Vormestrand 1148955

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

He did ask how to plan the navigation, so why the hostility? I don't think the OP intended any ill.

KntU2Cw.jpg

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

So, can we please come back to the topic "No FMC how do I proceed?".

Yes, to the point. You want to fly a high performance, military jet from and to primary Cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts] B civil fields with no concept of navigation or planning. Ummm, how about just don't. Or do; whatever. If you choose to do so, might I recommend doing it during a FNO. It will be much better received then.

Im unsure of where it was written in any of the posts here that the OP has no concept of navigation or planning. Plenty of people can fly without a FMC, VATSIM was not a Ghost town before the first PMDG aircraft was released. The Concord itself only has INS navigation.

I personally think that people that fly without a FMC have a better concept of navigation than those that do.

As a controller there is nothing worse than hearing "I can't do that in the FMC" when all you asked was to fly a heading.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Nick Warren
Posted
Posted

Hmmm. I don't have a FMS, what do I do? I mean that really was the initial question. C'mon Kirk, you didn't just join the network yesterday. You're ststements of this being a hobby, recreation, etc. where anything is possible fosters this kind of behavior, despite the fact that a great deal of members who take it halfway serious. It's somewhat insulting to those who do, and makes people like me more dismissive of those who don't. Of course there isn't ill will by the OP, rather an embracing of quantity over quality thst even stems these questions in the first place.