You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ACSim not finding elevation.txt file

Zac Armstrong 895163

Zac Armstrong 895163
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, I have recently started using ACSIM and I have found out that when I load up the program and select a sector file I get an error message that states "Unable to load elevation.txt" This happens with pretty much every sector file I have. I am thinking that i may need to reinstall the program, but I would need somoene to e-mail it to me to do so zac.armstrong at zhuartcc.com THANKS!

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward. For it is there you have been and there you long to return..."

- Leonardo Da Vinci

ZHU DATM

• 1 year later...
Aaron Barclay 878822
Posted
Posted

Is there a find for this? I'm having the same problem

• 2 weeks later...
Aaron Barclay 878822
Posted
Posted

can we get some help on this issue? I'm not able to get this to work and because it can't find the elevation.txt file it wont have a/c fly the glide slope to the runway. Any clues?

• 4 months later...
Matthew Hull 826839
Posted
Posted

I am also unable to cause aircraft to descend on the glideslope and it seems to be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with the topic of an un-located "elevation.txt" file. What is this? I would really appreciate some light shed on this topic because it causes an un-realistic controlling session with a student.

Benton Wilmes
Posted
Posted

The elevation file is a text file that should have been installed when you installed ACSIM. Check your ACSIM folder (the actual program folder) to see if you have it or not. If you don't send me a PM, I can email it to you.

The only problems I've ever had with it is aircraft don't disappear like they are supposed to when landing, they just fly level right over the ground until they are deleted.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Benton Wilmes

Harold Rutila 974112
Posted
Posted

My aircraft fly a glideslope...but not a properly calibrated one. My airport's elevation is 5,400 and they go all the way down to like 1,000 feet. I have never seen any disappear, nor reduce speed automatically.

• 11 months later...
John Holt 811222
Posted
Posted

I am having the same issue with our new primary airport "VTBS" in Thailand. Could it be that it is a new airport and the data is missing from the elevation file?

John Holt

จอห์นโฮลท์

Thailand vACC Director