You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Development Setback (2.0/1.4)

Christopher Collins

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, not so good news for people hanging out for the 2.0 release - I've just had the drive in my Windows machine that I keep my XSB development tree on die, quite possibly taking out the most recent code snapshot with it. (I won't know how bad it is until I get the replacement drive tomorrow and start trying to fish what I can off the dying drive whilst it still partially works).

On the upside, no more than an hour or two of work should have been lost as I push the changes as I finish a unit of work to a properly backed up system, but it's going to kill whatever time I had available to work on it over this Easter long weekend and the next few weekends whilst I put the rest of that system back together.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

And... no development progress has been lost - I was able to recover the WIP directories intact from the dying drive.

I still need to reinstall my development tools and work out what I'm missing so there'll be a delay, but at least it's not the worse case now.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Will Reynolds
Posted
Posted

Great news! and thanks for your efforts.

Tom Stian Bjerk 853618
Posted
Posted

Very good news, keep up the good work.

• 1 month later...
Antonio Victor G Tenorio 1
Posted
Posted

Hello, Good evening, How I do to test the alpha test of the xsquawkbox 2 for x-plane 11. my e-mail is [email protected] thanks, that god help you.