You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wrong Controllers

Henry Wallace

Henry Wallace
Posted
Posted

Hello!

My name is Henry and I am new to VATSIM.

I have recently been having issues with V pilot in which I get given the frequencies for radios for airports that I am not at. An example would be when I was ready to taxi at Liverpool (EGGP) and V pilot gave me all of the frequencies for Manchester (EGCC) including things like ATIS which makes it virtually impossible to talk to atc.

Kind regards,

Henry

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Henry, and welcome to VATSIM. The controllers (and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated frequencies) are displayed based on your distance from the active ATC stations. They attempt to simulate radio range. So it's entirely possible that you could be at one airport and see ATC that is online at a different airport. The key is to look for the identifier for the airport you are at/airspace you are in/near; you may ignore ATC/frequencies for facilities you are not using.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Henry Wallace
Posted
Posted

I will do that in future and thanks a lot for your help

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

What do you mean by "impossible to talk to atc"? Do you have ATIS on an active ATC frequency?

KntU2Cw.jpg