You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error in Vpilot after removing UT Live

Chris Makris

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Quick question about Vpilot model matching. I had UTLive installed. I have now removed them and also confirmed that the matching rules are also removed t. Computer restarted and vpilot re read the installed models However any time another plane is seen I am getting an error message ""Failed to create aircraft XXXXX using model UTlive_XXXXXX. THe model may be corrupted or missing. vpilot will try to create the aircraft with a different model". The plane is shown correctly with the other AI packages I have set up. I was wondering why this error though.

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I suspect you still have a registry entry for UTLive somewhere that wasn't removed and vPilot still sees that entry...of course, in the words of Dennis Miller...I could be wrong.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot does not use registry entries to locate installed models. It looks at your flight sim config files to see which simobject paths you have enabled, and then scans those paths for aircraft.cfg files, then scans those files for model definitions.

It seems like your uninstall of UT didn't remove the simobject paths properly.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Chris Makris
Posted
Posted

Thank you Ross. That was it. The addon.xml for UT live was still present and this was causing the issue.