You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

crash with Xsquawkbox on Vatsim

Jacek Obrycki 1117064

Jacek Obrycki 1117064
Posted
Posted

30420188_2009169856003504_2726317876622980724_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5b6cea6fd8a435e2dbceaf0592652da7&oe=5B6FBAE5

someone know what's problem ?

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Really need the whole Log.txt file, but the most likely candidates based on experiences to date:

1. Multiple weather systems enabled (there's been a few fairly consistent cases of XSB crashing when an external weather injector and the XSB weather injector are both enabled)
  2. Default ICAO type misset (there's an impossible to reproduce situation where XSB crashes if the default ICAO type can't be rendered - particularly hard to debug as all efforts to force it have not produced a crash! Could be tied into the last issue)
  3. Corrupt/malformed CSLs installed (significant reports of removing and reinstalling CSLs resolving a crashing issue).

#1 tends to manifest randomly, but is always tied to a weather push having occurred close to the crash.

#2 is most frequently characterized by crash on connect.

#3 is characterized by random crashes - sometimes on connect, but otherwise inscrutable. The reason is the timing for the CSL load is fairly unpredictable (it'll occur once an aircraft type is reported to the client and the client decides that it might need to render it, and that load attempt then trips what's most likely a bug in libxplanemp causing a crash).

As for fixing them:

#1 is a WONTFIX for me - you just need to disable one of the two weather systems.

#2 is on my hit list, but I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it in development. Easiest way to work around it is to reset the preferences to default (or make sure the ICAO default is set to it's default if you're using the default CSL only: B737)

#3 is also on my hit list, but as it needs corrupt data to trigger, I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it either. Easiest way to work around is to thin out your CSL until the crashes stop, and then reinstall the broken CSL.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Oh, and one other thing - failures to load a _lit texture are not fatal - it's actually expected with Legacy CSL models.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.