You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PilotWatch - Fly safely when AFK

Daniel Lange

Daniel Lange
Posted
Posted

2nghix3.png

Perhaps it's not the best practice in terms of realism, but let's be honest; when flying in cruise we often tab out the game and watch Netflix, make dinner or wash some clothes. I bet most of you don't fancy ticking the option in the flight sim to hear sounds even when tabbed out, so you can engine roars on top of Netflix. So when will you know something fails? When you come back and your flight has respawned? As a small side project I've now created Pilo[Mod - lovely stuff]ch, it's a small program which communicates with the flight sim, and PMDG airplanes, to monitor for warnings on your flight.

Pilo[Mod - lovely stuff]ch is meant to be activated once you go AFK, else you'll probably get spammed by all kinds of warnings before you get to cruise. Once an warning is detected, it'll play a sound and send you a notification. Disable the alarm by opening the program.

Warnings monitored

Fire, Master Caution, Anti-ice, Hydraulic, Doors, Engine, Overhead, Cond, Auto-pilot, Auto-throttle.

Compatibility

Fligh[Mod - lovely stuff]ch is made to work with Windows 10 and Prepar3D v.4.2. Theoretically you should be able to use earlier versions of Windows, but this is not tested, let me know if it works for you! The supported version of Prepar3D is absolute, you will not be able to use it on any other version. Due to the nature of 64-bit in P3D, It will require too much double-up work to make this compatible P3D v1-3 or FSX. I'll however look into the possibility to support 4.0 and up later on. If enough people request FSX or earlier P3D versions, I might consider looking into it.

Works with: PMDG NGX 737, PMDG 777 (coming soon), PMDG 747 (coming soon).

Download

Very early beta: v.0.1

Install it where you want, preferably outside Program Files folder.

Disclaimer

This is a very early version of the program, so I can't guarantee it'll cover all kind of warnings. If you do find bugs, crashes, or warnings which are not covered, let me know in the comments and I'll do my best to add them! Please help me test this! Once we get NGX perfected, I'll be easier for me to complete the other PMDG planes.

21n134g.png

lb1ax.png

Daniel Lange

Web Services Director
Vatsim Scandinavia

[email protected]