You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't file a flightplan

Kevin Hansson 1352847

Kevin Hansson 1352847
Posted
Posted

Hi,

It looks like I'm having a problem with filing a flightplan. It happens in the evening, last time I checked if it worked was at 2200z, during the day it works fine and vatsim is getting my flightplan. I have tried to filed my flightplan trough the vpilot client and the vatsim prefile. When I'm filing via the prefile I get an error after a one minute of loading: An unrecognized response was received from the server. It said:, and nothing more....

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

Can you post a screenshot of the filled in form before you submit it? Most likely culprit is the total length of all the data exceeds a specified limit. Best solution in that case is to remove superfluous information from the remarks section.

EDIT: Looking at your most recent flight plans, this is almost certainly the culprit. Personally, I fail to see the point in filing EETs when they're likely outdated by the time you're actually airborne and never get updated after filing. In addition, I don't think there's any purpose for the "REG/" data on the VATSIM network.

Kevin Hansson 1352847
Posted
Posted

Alright, thank you. I will see if getting rid of some information will help.

Sorry for not posting a screenshot, I cant firgure out how to do it....

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

The maximum number of characters allowed in a flight plan is 768. PFPX (and to a lesser extent SimBrief) is notorious for adding a bunch of extraneous stuff, particularly in the comments field.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Kevin Hansson 1352847
Posted
Posted

Alright I fixed it now. I first got this problem when I did a flight from JFK to Dubai which is a very long flight and PFPX putted in a lot of information in the remark section. It ended up with removing all the information apart from the SELCAL code. Thank you for the help!