You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Transfer

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I am considering applying for transfer to VATUSA Division, but how does that work with artcc? If someone is a member of VATUSA can they move around?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted
I am considering applying for transfer to VATUSA Division, but how does that work with artcc? If someone is a member of VATUSA can they move around?

I am sure someone from VATUSA staff will reply shortly however in the meanwhile you can check the policies here: https://www.vatusa.net/info/policies The "moving around" part is covered in the "Transferring and Visiting Controllers Policy" docomeent.

Tomas Hansson

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tomas,

I probably need to reword my question. I started filling in the online system, but I can only choose the Region and then a Division, nothing lower. So at what point do I nominate an artcc?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Sean, go to Support- Knowledgebase - Membership and read the first article for a detailed step by step checklist.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Daniel Hawton
Posted
Posted
Thanks Tomas,

I probably need to reword my question. I started filling in the online system, but I can only choose the Region and then a Division, nothing lower. So at what point do I nominate an artcc?

You select facilities (VATUSA is comprised of more than just ARTCCs, there is a CCF which also manages a CERAP, for instance) at the VATUSA website. Movement between them is possible, but there is a 90 day restriction just like transferring between divisions/regions at the VATSIM level. All facility selections are done via the Division, just like with VATEUD, FIR [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments are done at the division.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thank you.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png