You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

pavlin stanchev 1361882

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Got issue connecting VATSIM 0 - it sended me in Uganda. No ATC. How should i solve this? I use SquawkBox 747.

PavlinS. FlightGear pilot.

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Well, I am connecting squawkbox with FG. The connection is established and I see I am located on the Uganda part from the Atlantic ocean. No ATC.

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

FG- FlightGear

Dace Nicmane
Posted
Posted

Where do you expect to be? There won't be a lot of ATC in Uganda. I suggest you look up where ATC is and choose another airport.

KntU2Cw.jpg

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Sorry, mislead you. I were have a flight plan from EGLL to KSFO scheduled for today, 10:25 zulu. It Were putted me on Accra, Ghana area in the ocean.

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Untitled.png

Example

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Did you change your start location to EGLL?

Pretty sure that area you're describing 0º Lat/Lon

Clarke Kruger

Edmonton (CYEG) AB, Canada

VATSIM Network Supervisor | Team 1

Have a question? Email [email protected]

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

In the sim I was on EGLL, not in there. Just the connection is un issue. Prob. I did not configure it correctly.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Uganda is not quite 0N, 0E -- it's more like 0N, 32E.

But if the sim was showing you in London and the interface was reporting you in Uganda, that's most likely an issue with whatever interface is connecting FlightGear to Squawkbox (and I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume by Squawkbox you mean SB747). That interface is highly experimental and there probably aren't too many people here that know how to troubleshoot it. You might well have more luck on the FlightGear forums (https://forum.flightgear.org/).

I say this as a former FlightGear user myself -- frustration with the FG/VATSIM interface is what led me to abandon it eight years ago.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's exactly SB 747, yes. Tomorrow I'll got some help from former FG vatsim user. Hope he'll fix it. BTW checkup your e-mail. You have an application.

Edited by Guest

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Except if you look at his screen shot he's south of Ghana. Closer to Accra or 0,0

From the sounds of it you have not installed and/or registered FSUIPC which sends your coordinates to SquawkBox and it currently sees you in 0,0 (Lat, Lon)

Install and register FSUIPC in your FS and all will be fine.

Clarke Kruger

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Normally the program that connects the SIM with VATSIM should not have any influence on the location or other settings in the SIM. But I am not using Flight Gear, so I am not competent to answer that question.

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted
Except if you look at his screen shot he's south of Ghana. Closer to Accra or 0,0

From the sounds of it you have not installed and/or registered FSUIPC which sends your coordinates to SquawkBox and it currently sees you in 0,0 (Lat, Lon)

The program you are telling me about is not held the FG sim. I'll wait till tomorrow, I tough I will get good help. The guy is regular VATSIM user, he used to use it with FG and he knows how to connect it properly. Prob. he'll find what I am wrong. Thx for the replies, I really appreciate them.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

FSUPIC is for FSX/P3D. Not applicable for users of FlightGear. It's an entirely different flight sim software.

Yes, looking at the screenshot again, it does look like it's just reporting as 0,0.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Clarke Kruger
Posted
Posted

Ya sorry about that, wasn't till I posted did I remember it was FlightGear.

Clarke Kruger

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

Well, thx everyone for the support.

VATSIM.jpg

good news! I am online!

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

One guy helped. I were need one more program so I can run it. That's was the issue.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ok, maybe you can share the details here as well. What program?

I am asking for this as someday there will another user of FlightGear with the same issue and by sharing the details here, this user will be able to find the solution quicker.

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

You can checkup if you want this topic:

http://www.thejabberwocky.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1032

The only else you need is VATSPY installed so you can inject the traffic in the sim. Good thing is that you connect's VATSIM and also FGMP at the same time. Which I found awesome.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
The only else you need is VATSPY installed so you can inject the traffic in the sim.

VATSpy is just a map showing traffic and ATC online ... it doesn't inject any traffic into the sim.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

pavlin stanchev 1361882
Posted
Posted

The other guy told me that this will help fixing my location....... Weird.