You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Issues

Alec Friedman

Alec Friedman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this.....

I've been having huge issues setting up VRC to learn ATC. I followed multiple setup videos on YouTube and looked at many, many forums and none of them solved the problems I'm having.

When I load VRC, it shows up with an error saying it couldn't load the server list and 0 servers were found. This has happened since I installed it, so I don't have any cached servers, and this has happened on two different computers on different networks (one on a campus network, one on private with port forwarding set up for all ports used by VRC). Also, when trying to log in, it times out after twenty seconds. I have tried Euroscope and it connects perfectly, but the ARTCC I've joined requires VRC.

I have tried disabling my firewall and I have neither antivirus or firewall beyond Windows Defender (don't judge my security.....)

I have no idea what I need to do to get this working. Please help.

Edited by Guest

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

There seems to be an issue for VRC downloading the servers.txt file. Here is one you can use, simply add it into your VRC Folder and start VRC, then you should be able to see some servers. However, it will probably still give you the error on startup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x0fra6rfy47udp/servers.txt?dl=0

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Alec Friedman
Posted
Posted

Thank you! I copied that over and it connected on the first try! I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume I'll still get the error message, but at least this works.

Should I be worried about the server list changing at any point? Some of the other forum posts I've found said that they reset IPs every now and then. If that's the case, where can I find an updated list?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

VATSIM should be fixing the root cause of the problem, not individual members trying to band aid it. With a new tech team in place, I have no doubt this will get resolved.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations