You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox

Pete Norquay 1350399

Pete Norquay 1350399
Posted
Posted

Question when i try to connect to XSquawkBox im getting Connected then getting ERROR: call sign in use (1) And then Disconnected...Never had this issues before...Im using PlanG as EF[Mod - Happy Thoughts] is no longer connecting...

Pete Norquay 1350399
Posted
Posted

Never Mind found the issues..Sorry about that....

Vidi Games 1424275
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone, i've just tried to connect with some spanish airport ATC but it seems that is no people connected in Spain in any server and it isn't any spanish server. So if someone knows how to connect to spanish servers please help me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi Vidi, there isn't currently any spanish server available for connection to the network.

Even if there was though, you shouldn't connect to the server of where you are going to fly, but rather to the one that is geographically closest to you in real life (as it is technically the one with less ping). It is of no importance where you are going to fly to choose a server or another, as all data servers on the VATSIM network are connected to each other. This means if, for example, I am connected to a Germany server and you are connected to a UK one, as long as we are close enough to one another in the simulator, I will be able to see you and you will be able to see me, no matter the servers we're on.

A very different thing happens when we talk about voice servers: these ones are NOT connected to each other, and it is the controller who decides which one to use for his/her communications. When you tune into their frequency, you automatically join the correct server and channel.

If you want to check next time if there is any active controllers where you are, check out tools like Vattastic, VAT-SPY, or similar... it is possible that at the time you were online, there were no controllers connected for that area and therefore, you couldn't contact them.

Cheers,

Me.