You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC 1.2.5 Released

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Version 1.2.5 is now available. This release fixes a bug where the version check and server list download would continually fail.

Edit: link removed due to audio problems with 1.2.5, see below.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alex Ying
Posted
Posted

I updated to 1.2.5 and the HTTP version check and server loading is resolved, but I run into audio issues now. No matter which device or audio mode I choose, all audio was choppy and cutting in and out. I tried restarting VRC and my computer as well with no resolution.

I reverted back to version 1.2.4 and the audio issues were immediately resolved.

spacer.png

Instructor // ZNY/ZWY Facility Coordinator

Jonathan Halverson
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue and reinstalling 1.2.4 fixed it for me as well, so it definitely seems like a VRC issue.

Logo.png

Jonathan Halverson (HS) - 1049778

BVARTCC - S3 ATC Mentor

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Strange ... nothing changed with the voice code. I'll look into it ... probably won't be very soon, swamped with other things.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Same issue here, I'm afraid.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Same issue here, I'm afraid.

Concur. Sorry Ross :-/

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

How do we revert back?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I can't remember off the top of my head if your servers.txt file will be overwritten by the 1.2.4 installer. I think it will, so I am including the steps to get your servers.txt file to a good place.

Depending on whether you want to make a copy of your servers.txt file or edit your servers.txt file:

1. Make a copy of your servers.txt file

2. Install 1.2.4 right over the top of 1.2.5. If you still have the 1.2.4 installer file, you can use that, else you can get it here.

3. Overwrite the "new" servers.txt file with the copy you saved in step 1.

or

1. Install 1.2.4 right over the top of 1.2.5. If you still have the 1.2.4 installer file, you can use that, else you can get it here.

2. Overwrite the contents of your "new" servers.txt file with the contents found in viewtopic.php?f=52&t=76369&p=524181#p524021

Nothing as part of this process should overwrite your vrc.ini file, however, just to be safe, before you do either method, now would be a good time to make a copy and have it as a backup, just in case.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'll build a new a 1.2.4 installer which will put in an up-to-date servers.txt file ... should have that ready soon.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I tryed installing 1.2.4 over the top of 1.2.5 and I ended up with corrupted text in the display.

Uninstalled 1.2.5 and then did a 1.2.4 install and seems to be good.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png