You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and FSX:SE issue.

Cody Soper 1425911

Cody Soper 1425911
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone. So I've been running into an issue. I've tried everything I can. I installed vPilot for my FSX:SE. I am able to login but do not see any other aircraft. Looking at the live vatsim map I can see me on the map. Last night I unistalled everything, did a fresh install and fresh vPilot and still can't see other aircraft. The issue I'm seeing is even when I connect, I'm still seeing the default traffic as if I were in offline mode. I've installed the SimConnect in each folder (3 folders). Any help would be appreciated.

Istvan Varadi
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Q: When I'm connected using vPilot, I still see AI aircraft that aren't on VATSIM. How do I prevent that?

A: Go into FSX's Settings Options > Settings > Display > Aircraft and move the AI sliders to the left (0%). If you are using an AI Traffic addon like Ultimate Traffic, you'll need to disable the traffic on the addon settings as well.

(It is from the tips and tricks topic: viewtopic.php?f=132&t=64672

Cody Soper 1425911
Posted
Posted

I see that. I guess I'm used to squawkbox removing the AI aircraft, but I still do not see other players planes on the ground. We are just supposed to use a monitoring device to see where traffic is in the area? That doesn't seem like a real world experience.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I see that. I guess I'm used to squawkbox removing the AI aircraft, but I still do not see other players planes on the ground. We are just supposed to use a monitoring device to see where traffic is in the area? That doesn't seem like a real world experience.

Do you know for a fact that you are connected somewhere that there are other players to be seen? If there are, then yes, you should see them.

If your dig about it not seeming realistic is about whether or not you can see other players, then why don't you just wait until you're sure you have it set up correctly before you get all critical. If your concern is more about there not being enough traffic on VATSIM to meet your expectations of realism, well, that's another topic. Try flying during events if you want traffic levels that approach realistic. Either way, it's awfully early to be developing such a negative attitude based on so little experience.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Cody Soper 1425911
Posted
Posted

Do you know for a fact that you are connected somewhere that there are other players to be seen? If there are, then yes, you should see them.

If your dig about it not seeming realistic is about whether or not you can see other players, then why don't you just wait until you're sure you have it set up correctly before you get all critical. If your concern is more about there not being enough traffic on VATSIM to meet your expectations of realism, well, that's another topic. Try flying during events if you want traffic levels that approach realistic. Either way, it's awfully early to be developing such a negative attitude based on so little experience.

Oh no no. I wasn't coming across as that. I thought he had said that vPilot doesn't show other aircraft. Well I went onto the live Vatsim map, saw that there was 4-5 pilots at KLAX. Went there, loaded vPilot and it said connected. I still see the AI traffic but not the other pilots planes. When I look at the Vatsim Map it shows me at the airport, but still can't seem to see other players. I just did a complete wipe and going to try again.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When you're connected at an airport where you know for sure that there are other pilots online at that airport, enter the ".aircraft" command in vPilot, and it'll open a window showing information about all nearby aircraft for which vPilot has received data from the network. Let me know if you see anything in that list.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Which is also in the FAQ, Tips and Tricks

Q: I can't see and/or hear any multiplayer aircraft. Any ideas?

A: While on the ground and you know there is traffic around you (by using a situational awareness tool such as VATSpy, Servinfo, vattastic.com, etc., or asking ATC), type .aircraft in the vPilot command line. It will open a window showing what aircraft are connected and near you. If the result is null, something is likely blocking the connection.

If you suspect a blocked connection (voice and/or ability to see others):

1. Ensure your firewall/antivirus allows vPilot (i.e., vPilot listed as an exception so it's not blocked)

2. Ensure you've forwarded UDP port 3290 in your router (if using a router)

3. Disable uPNP in your router (if using a router)

Suggest first going into the sim and turning off FSX AI. Then go to an aircraft where you know there is VATSIM traffic based on one of the situational awareness tools. Fire up vPilot and use the .aircraft command. Verify you can see aircraft both in the .aircraft window as well as in the sim). Let us know what you find.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations