You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Academy Members Controlling

Michael Adams 961156

Michael Adams 961156
Posted
Posted

I am currently a student in the academy preparing to take a pre-test before going on to the stage check/test part of Ground Operations and have p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed my stage check for Delivery and Basic ATC. With this rating, am I allowed to do delivery live on VATSIM or do I have to wait until I leave the academy and join an ARTCC?

Thanks

Melvin Donaldson 965180
Posted
Posted

You gotta wait.

Anthony Santanastaso
Posted
Posted

That is correct, Melvin. Michael, you must wait until you graduate the Academy before you are able to control on the network, as indicated in the Student SOP.

Anthony Santanastaso

Division Director

[email protected]

http://www.vatusa.net

logo_email_sig.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

It is insane how realistic this is getting.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Stephen Sculley-Beaman
Posted
Posted

Pretty cool, wish I was able to go through it. No VATUSA academy back when i started

Julian Wayne 960331
Posted
Posted

dosn't the SOP say that the academy takes like 2 weeks to get through? lol

Thanks,

Julian "JW" Wayne

2558.png

Kyle Ramsey 810181
Posted
Posted

It takes as long as it takes. It is a balance of the student's availability, the mentor's availability, the check instructor's availability, and how fast the student consumes and masters the material.

Some folks can do it in less than two weeks, I suppose, but there is no rush; we'd rather you take the time it takes to master the material. Good is better than fast.

Kyle Ramsey

Michael Adams 961156
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies. I am hoping to soon graduate hopefully in the next couple weeks. As a matter of fact, I am going to go ahead and let my teacher know I am ready to prepare for the ground test. I really enjoy this and appreciate the time and effort each of you put into this. Thanks again.