You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Please help - Constantly open mic

Richard Asberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

All of a sudden I have a problem with PTT.

Started yesterday when ATC told me my mic was constantly open. After enabling the option in XSB preferences where you get a red icon showing whenever the mic is open, I confirmed ATC was correct. This left me puzzled since I've never seen this issue before since I started using XSB months back and have been doing lots of online flying since.

I've been trying to figure out what is going on. What I've found so far is that when I go to XSB preferences looking at the settings for PTT I see how the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned key is reported as 'Unknown'. I can clear it and it then says 'None' but next time I check it's back to 'Unknown' again by itself. I only have this problem with the key. The PTT button setting remains set to 'None'.

So it seems XSB for whatever reason "thinks" an 'unknown' key is [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to PTT where this key then is constantly depressed in the eyes of XSB meaning my mic will be left constantly open.

Many thanks in advance for any tips how to sort this since I'm currently not able to fly online due to this problem.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

The key left of 1 (top left corner of the keyboard).

I've also tried [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning one of the buttons on my yoke but the mic stays open in the way described above.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

As mentioned in my first post it has been working just fine for me as well.

This thing started yesterday and I can't think of any changes done to my system that could have caused it.

Really odd.

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Just checked. I also have "Unkown" as "PTT Key", I have only setup a "PTT Button" on my yoke. Works perfectly as I write this.

Any chance that your PTT Button on your yoke is getting triggered all the time?

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

But if you only [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a button for PTT, shouldn't the key [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment then say 'None' rather than 'Unknown'?

As for the button on my yoke it appears to be working just fine when checking in XP. In XP it's un[Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned of course to make it available for XSB.

Just came to think of one thing that maybe could have caused this issue. The other day I had a friend with me and in order for him to be able to hear ATC I temporarily switched the output from my headset to the TV speakers. Now the output is reset to my headset though just like before. When I think about it, it's after this I've seen this problem.

Really strange. Will look more into it tomorrow. Maybe getting rid of the XSquawkBox Prefs file located in ...\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XSquawkBox\Resources and allow it to be rebuilt could solve the problem.

Richard Åsberg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I have "Unknown" shown as well, even after clicking on "None". When saving and opening the Settings dialogue of XSB it shows "Unknown" again. But this does not cause any issues. I am new to XSB and the only thing that comes to my mind is your yoke constantly sending a signal. Have you tried selecting "none" for your yoke-button and see if it will work then without transmitting all the time?

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks, good to know you see the same thing as I do.

Yep, already tried setting the button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment to None as well but still same issue. Difference is the button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment stays as None.

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Last night a new version of the Zibo mod was released and after installing that one I don't have this issue anymore and the PTT button works just fine with one of the yoke button [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned.

No clue how the Zibo mod would be related to XSB but this is what happened and I hope it will stay like this now

Thanks for trying to help me out!

Richard Åsberg