You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC Audio Stutter

Andrew Rohs 1288656

Andrew Rohs 1288656
Posted
Posted

I apologize if this has been already posted somewhere, I have thus far been unable to find it if it has (I only get a couple hours each day to troubleshoot this).

Ok, so last week it started having version check errors which I fixed by updating from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5. After that I could no longer interpret anything anyone said over the comms in VRC; it sounds as if they're pushing and releasing the transmit button once per second while they're talking. The breaks are at very regular intervals and I have been unable to pinpoint where the issue is. I've tried disabling all antivirus and any firewalls I have, all three ports that VRC use are forwarded, I've tried a clean install of VRC, I've tried rebooting the computer a thousand times, running VRC as admin, even tried a different vox server, nothing. I voice chat on Discord and when I'm on teamspeak with other controllers, both of those are crystal clear. My internet should be fast enough (105 Mbps down, 75 Mbps up) and generally has no issue playing network demanding games along with a voice chat in the background going.

Help is very much appreciated, as this is getting fairly frustrating. This is a sound byte of an ATIS broadcast on the Vatsim network (this is what all voice sounds like on VRC for me):

Andrew Rohs 1288656
Posted
Posted

Ok, I didn't see this under the known issues post, I apologize for double posting. Thanks for the quick reply!

Cheers

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it's not a known issue with the current release version (1.2.4) only with the 1.2.5 version. I'll probably add something about it to the known issues post anyway, for those people like yourself that managed to grab 1.2.5 before I reverted to 1.2.4.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC