You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PMDG Global Flight Operations (GFO)

Richard McDonald Woods

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

@Ross,

By far the majority of my flying hours in FIRs is without on duty en route controllers. With the implementation of CDPLC functions within GFO, there will still be long periods when CPDLC services will be unavailable.

Could you consider developing functions that will provide an AI-based en route controller in FIRs where there is currently no real en route controller on duty

I appreciate that we are in the very early stages of considering future VATSIM and PMDG GFO interfaces.

Many thanks.

Cheers, Richard

You are the music, until the music stops. T.S.Eliot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Richard,

It's an interesting idea, but not something I have any interest in developing myself. Perhaps someone else would.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

I fully understand.

Perhaps someone else will show an interest in plugging this otherwise huge hole

I am willing to provide architectural support.

Cheers, Richard

Richie Queally 1394209
Posted
Posted

AI ATC couldn't be as realistic as VATSIM controllers are. How could it tell the difference between SID [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments at every airport? How could it differentiate between different procedures that come in nearly every country?

Richie Queally

Facility Engineer, CZVR

[email protected]

czvr.vatcan.ca

Richard McDonald Woods
Posted
Posted

Hi Richie,

I fully understand that not all pilot-initiated CPDLC messages are susceptible to meaningful AI replies

Once Kyle at PMDG has defined the messages that are to be supported, we can decide which subset of these are suitable for the AI engine to reply to when there is no real FIR controller on duty.

Thanks for your reply

Cheers, Richard