You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can still see AI Aircraft

Ashar Hussain

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

I have 8 aircraft in the AI menu, and I found another forum that said that xSquawkBox disables all AI aircraft if its in the plugin folder. When I connect to xSquawkBox, I still have AI aircraft along with vatsim pilots. Can't seem to find a solution online or I think Im just misreading something. Can I get some help?

Ashar

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

R us using MS Flight 9 or 10?

If so you need to disable traffic in the drop down menus.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

I don't know what MS Flight is so I am probably not using it. If its something you have to download as an addon then I know I don't have it.

Ashar

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

Oh, I misread that. You mean Microsoft Flight Simulator X? I do have that. Let me try that.

Ashar

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

So I did disable the traffic through FSX by renaming a .BGL file that I was told to do so online. When I connect to xSquawkBox, I can still see AI traffic and now it's saying that xSquawkBox cannot start up multiplayer visuals even though I have 8 aircraft in the AI menu.

Ashar

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

You have a conflicting plug-in installed, such as X-IVap or similar.

You must not have any other pilot clients installed if you want to use XSquawkBox. Disabling the other clients via Plugin Manager is not sufficient.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

Alright, let me uninstall VPilot and see if that works.

Ashar

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

I uninstalled VPilot then started up Xplane 11 and connected to XSquawkBox, I can still see AI aircraft. I don't understand this. I don't have any other programs that control AI, at least I think.

Ashar

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot is for FSX or P3D ... it would have zero effect on what you see in X-Plane.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ashar Hussain
Posted
Posted

Yeah, it didn't even make a difference. I'm still stuck with this problem.

Ashar

• 2 weeks later...
Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry, I'm not even sure you've got the right client support forum given talk of BGLs, VPilot, etc.

Are you using SquawkBox or XSquawkBox? The difference is that SquawkBox is for Microsoft Flight Simulator, and XSquawkBox is for X-Plane. They're two very different clients and I sometimes wonder if we need to rename XSB to make the distinction clearer for the benefit of people who are not detail oriented.

Secondly, if you really are using XSquawkBox, then you need to read through your simulator's Log.txt and see what plugins are loading before XSB does - if any of them manipulate the traffic system, they will conflict with XSquawkBox and prevent it from disabling AI traffic. The most likely suspects are other X-Plane multiplayer clients, but there are likely to be other plugins that can do it too. I personally use an absolute minimum of third party plugins with X-Plane (never felt the need) so I can't really guess what it may be that you've installed.

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 5 months later...
Niko Palokangas 1313023
Posted
Posted
...Secondly, if you really are using XSquawkBox, then you need to read through your simulator's Log.txt and see what plugins are loading before XSB does - if any of them manipulate the traffic system, they will conflict with XSquawkBox and prevent it from disabling AI traffic. The most likely suspects are other X-Plane multiplayer clients, but there are likely to be other plugins that can do it too. I personally use an absolute minimum of third party plugins with X-Plane (never felt the need) so I can't really guess what it may be that you've installed.

OK, I have this very same problem, there's AI planes even XSquawkBox connected. Using X-Plane 11.26r2 and XSquawkBox 1.3.3. I've four different planes in "AI" and none of those are plane I am flying. I've disabled/removed almost all plugins and now X-plane only loads plugins PluginAdmin and TerraMaxx before XSquawkBox, and I believe PluginAdmin is XP11 default plugin. Didn't dare to remove TerraMax, because it's huge and payware, and problem actually existed before it was installed. This starts be bit annoying

dqVGvFG.jpg

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

Seriously? Those are most likely not AI aircraft. This is purely an X-Plane thing.

In your graphics settings, uncheck the "Draw Parked Aircraft" checkbox.

There is no flight model or intelligence [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with parked aircraft - they just sit on the ground and look pretty, which is why there's a checkbox option to remove them. This does not remove all such instances either - only the ones that are correctly flagged as parked aircraft in the airport scenery.

• Thanks 1

Niko Palokangas 1313023
Posted
Posted
Seriously? Those are most likely not AI aircraft. This is purely an X-Plane thing.

In your graphics settings, uncheck the "Draw Parked Aircraft" checkbox.

There is no flight model or intelligence [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with parked aircraft - they just sit on the ground and look pretty, which is why there's a checkbox option to remove them. This does not remove all such instances either - only the ones that are correctly flagged as parked aircraft in the airport scenery.

Just found that also (stupid me) half hour ago, but hey thanks anyway.