You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
IMPORTANT: We will no longer promote events by VATSIM Divisions or vACC's posted in this forum. This section will transition to allow for publishing of unofficial events and groupflights. Contact your vACC director for event publishing access to myVATSIM. ×

[29 JULY 2018 1100-2100Z] THE HOLLAND-AMERICA LINE

Krikor Hajian

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted (edited)

gorR8U4.jpg

Come join the Boston Virtual ARTCC and Dutch VACC for a long-haul, trans-Atlantic, inter-division jamboree! From 1100-1400z on Sunday, July 29th, we'll have Amsterdam Schiphol Airport (IATA: AMS, ICAO: EHAM) staffed to the gills to accommodate departures, and will have all en route facilities staffed for a flight to Boston Logan Airport (IATA: BOS, ICAO: KBOS), where the Boston Virtual ARTCC will provide a full staff to sequence arrivals and get them onto the ground. Bring your favorite long haul aircraft, your business jet, or whatever you want, and join us for 7+ hours of packed airspace and professional air traffic control.

As well, we'll have a detailed pilot briefing released within a couple weeks that will offer details on general procedures that will be useful along the route, as well as specific information on the booking system we'll be using for this event (more information to be released about this later).

Lastly, we're excited to announce that this is just part 1 of 2. Later this year, we'll host the "go home" leg of this trip, the same facilities staffing Boston to Amsterdam. These events serve as a fantastic time to brush up on both international and American procedures, and prepare for the bi-annual Cross the Pond. We hope you'll join us on the 29th for this event, and look forward to seeing many of you there!

Edited by Guest

Logo.png

Krikor Hajian (HI) - 1283146

Deputy Air Traffic Manager | Instructor

[email protected]

VATUSA ACE Team Member | VATSIM Supervisor

- - - - - - - - - -

BVA is on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube!

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted

Please change the heading of your post to the reflect the event title, date and time for publication on the #vatsimevents calendar.

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team

Deon Mathews
Posted
Posted
I think something went wrong, it's a double post. This one is the correct one: viewtopic.php?f=106&t=76561

Added to the #vatsimevents calendar https://www.vatsim.net/events/holland-america-line

Deon Mathews

VATSIM Marketing & Communications Team

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

Apologies, not sure what happened there. Title has been corrected.

Thanks,

Logo.png

[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - -

• 4 weeks later...
Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

On behalf of the Boston Virtual ARTCC and Dutch VACC, I'm extremely excited to announce that this event is now being sponsored by FlyTampa! The popular scenery developer will be giving away two copies of EACH Boston Logan and Amsterdam Schiphol Airports, so four sceneries in total! To win, all you need to do if book a flight using theevent website, and fly with that route and callsign. Winners will be randomly selected and contacted by email a few days after the event. Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 29th!

Logo.png

[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - -

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

One week to go until the Holland America line opens on vatsim! 8 Hours of packed airspace, 2 of the biggest hubs fully staffed & a FlyTampa giveaway!

Book your slot now before it's too late. https://booking.dutchvacc.nl/

Come join the Boston Virtual ARTCC and Dutch VACC for a long-haul, trans-Atlantic, inter-division jamboree! From 1100 till 1400 UTC on Sunday, July 29th, we'll have Amsterdam Airport Schiphol staffed to the gills to accommodate departures, and will have all en route facilities staffed for a flight to Boston Logan Airport, where the Boston Virtual ARTCC will provide a full staff to sequence arrivals and get them onto the ground.

Bring your favorite long haul aircraft, your business jet, or whatever you want, and join us for 7+ hours of packed airspace and professional air traffic control!

Logo.png

[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - -

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

I'm excited to announce that ALL bookings are now filled for this event! Pilots can expect an email tonight (as well as a post here) with the final routes.

Interested in flying but don't have a slot? We'll do our best to get you in. Please bring extra fuel and expect delays however, as we are going to try and keep those who signed up on their slot times. Please also check this post for the finalized routes; flying a random route will make our jobs as controllers much harder and will lead to additional delays for sequencing.

I can't wait to see you all in the skies tomorrow! It's going to be exciting!

Logo.png

[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - -

Krikor Hajian
Posted
Posted

The routes have been finalized. More details can be found on the Booking website, as well as general guidance and the pilot briefings for the event. We can't wait to see you in the skies tomorrow!

• BERGI1S BERGI UL602 MIMVA L602 NALAX L46 REMSI KUGUR PIKIL 57/20 59/30 59/40 58/50 CUDDY QUBIS SKEEE RUT EEN JFUND JFUND2
    GORLO UL980 LAM UL10 BPK UN601 LESTA UP6 RODOLUL28 PENIL M144 RESNO 56/20 58/30 58/40 57/50 HOIST N735A TOPPS AJJAY OOSHN5

Logo.png

[email protected]

- - - - - - - - - -

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted

Well Krikor, I hate to do this, but I just found out I will not be able to keep my booking in the morning. There is no email address that I can see where I can report this to so I am hoping that you get this message out so maybe someone else can take my slot. Here are the details if someone wants them:

Booking confirmed

Dear Ira Robinson,

This email serves as confirmation of your booking and route for The Holland-America Line.

Before participating in the event, we advise you re-read the pilot briefings to ensure you have all the required knowledge about the event.

BOOKING - DETAILS

Callsign: FDC326

SELCAL: DD-WW

It is important you stick to these details to save confusion on the day! We will try to make sure you will be able to use this callsign. Do not worry if someone else has already logged in using your callsign, your booking will still be recognized when you log in under another callsign!

Departure airport: EHAM

Arrival airport: KBOS

CTOT: 1202z

Full Route: GORLO UL980 LAM UL10 BPK UN601 LESTA UP6 RODOL UL28 PENIL M144 RESNO 56N020W 58N030W 58N040W 57N050W HOIST N735A TOPPS AJJAY OOSHN5

Oceanic Entry Level: FL350

NAT Track: F

NAT TMI: 210

Ira Robinson