You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID/Password

Aleksander Kotarba 1289104

Posted
Posted

Hello,

I am having some issues with vpilot recently. I cannot log into VATSIM because vpilot says that CID or P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words is invalid. I check 20 times but it is correct (somehow I was able to log in to this forum). I am user for 3 years and my account was reactivated like 0.5 a year ago. I was flying much since then. I made a ticket to Membership Support but I was instructed to check CID and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and if this doesn't help I need to create forum topic.

Thank you for your answers,

Aleksander Kotarba

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

One suggestion I've seen from other places:

Make sure you *type* your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, rather than copying-and-pasting it, to ensure that no formatting characters or other invisible contaminants get in there -- and see if that resolves it.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted
One suggestion I've seen from other places:

Make sure you *type* your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word, rather than copying-and-pasting it, to ensure that no formatting characters or other invisible contaminants get in there -- and see if that resolves it.

Good advice. Don't cut and paste the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. Type it in. Also be careful because it is case sensitive as well. You are able to access the forums, here, so you are using the correct information for vPilot. You just have to be careful how you enter it.

Ira Robinson

Posted
Posted

I typed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and CID to make sure that everything is all right and there are no accidental spaces between but it didn't work

Posted
Posted

I had the stable version but after the problem occurred I thought that the new version (Beta one) could change sth but it didn't work either. Maybe I will try to re-install it again

Ira Robinson
Posted
Posted
I had the stable version but after the problem occurred I thought that the new version (Beta one) could change sth but it didn't work either. Maybe I will try to re-install it again

Aleksander, create a new Membership Ticket. When you write the problem up add a comment that we have been speaking on the forums. Use my name. I will take another look at it and see if t here is something more I can do. Also, if possible, include a screen print of the error message you are receiving. Please don't just hand write it in. It's important I see the screen.

Ira Robinson

Posted
Posted

I tried to log in into my friends account just to try if it will work but still doesn't so it is 100% vpilot fault. The problem is that tomorrow is Madchester event in which I would really like to participate

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yep, I totally get you.... vPilot works great for over 52,000 of our members, but doesn't work for you.... Absolutely vPilot's fault.... 100%!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Well, something's not right on your side of the connection. It could be your computer, your router, your firewall, your installation of vPilot etc... Have you tried logging in as observer in Euroscope?

Posted
Posted
Yep, I totally get you.... vPilot works great for over 52,000 of our members, but doesn't work for you.... Absolutely vPilot's fault.... 100%!

I mean by this that vPilot on my side, I meant software

Posted
Posted

OK I got the solution!!! It is really weird but I just accidentally changed server from CZECH to CANADA and everything started to work again. Thank you guys for trying help me

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted
OK I got the solution!!! It is really weird but I just accidentally changed server from CZECH to CANADA and everything started to work again. Thank you guys for trying help me

Canada is the solution to everything. (reaches for his Timmies double double....)

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Mervyn Sher 976516
Posted
Posted

G'Day All

I'm having the same problem this morning, unable to connect.

I've changed servers from Australia to CANADA (What are Timmies?) but no joy.

Is there possibly a bit of a bug going around?

Removed
Posted
Posted

Please let this serve as a general reminder that, when running into account issues or any other issues, creating a new VATSIM membership account is not the solution. VATSIM policies allow members to hold only one membership account and in more serious cases creation of a duplicate account or multiple thereof may result in disciplinary action being taken. All members encountering issues with their membership account should please contact the Membership Department by opening a ticket at https://membership.vatsim.net/. We will gladly [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist.

Mervyn, your VATSIM account is active. You should be able to connect to VATSIM without any issues.

• 1 year later...
Marmota Joe 1465726
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem, it is my first day.

I didn't copy and paste it, but nothing changed.

One question, I have a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word from the system, but when I signed up, I created a p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word by myself, why?

Mention that I try with the 2 p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words, the one I create ant the one generated by the system

Marmota Joe 1465726
Posted
Posted

FIXED!