You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Question about model matching

Aaron Brand 819799

Aaron Brand 819799
Posted
Posted

I am using p3d 4.3.

Whenever vpilot cannot find a match for an aircraft it will obviously use one of the default p3d aircrafts.

So today for instance somone was flying with an OAL callsign in a 737 and no match could be found so it showed the regional jet as a default.

The question I have is:

If I create a ruleset with the line

will vpilot use that for ANY 737-700 or only unmatched ones?

If it does it for ANY 737, then what if I put it at the bottom of the list of rulesets I am using as I believe it processes custom rulesets in the order they appear first?

I am comfortable with creating my own rulesets and currently have 3 that I made called SHT.vmr, EZS.vmr and EZY.vmr.

Aaron

-oOo-

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you make a rule like that with no CallsignPrefix specified, it will only use it after trying to find a more specific match using any rules that DO include a CallsignPrefix.

In other words, what you are suggesting is the correct way to use a generic unpainted model for a given aircraft type.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Aaron Brand 819799
Posted
Posted
In other words, what you are suggesting is the correct way to use a generic unpainted model for a given aircraft type.

Okay Ross. Thanks for the reply. I will give it a shot.