You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATOCE - Pilot Training

Sean Harrison

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Is there a timeline for the introduction of P3 + to the curriculum?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• Board of Governors
Alan Cooke
Posted
Posted

Hi Sean and thanks for the question. Our new CFI will I am sure be able to give some indication of when P3 will be ready

Alan Cooke VATGOV11

Vice President - Membership
VATSIM Board of Governors

[email protected]   

Do you have an account query check out FAQ

spacer.png9KMxVhG.png.e77dfe6e65703daa7a59178600611036.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Alan. Couldn’t find any contacts for him, until I logged onto the training page at OCE and read his article.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Alex Dent
Posted
Posted

At this stage, the P3 course is on hold.

This is mainly due to a lack on NZ instructors on the team so I am having to fill in for that role which is taking up most of the time I spend on the ATO at this stage.

We are looking to hire more NZ instructors so as soon as we have some I should have free time to work on it again.

Additionally, I'm looking to drop some of my roles elsewhere which should also give me more free time to get work done on the P3 course.

• 5 months later...
Joshua Micallef
Posted
Posted

I am going to revive this one.

Sean, the P3 course is in the steady process of being completed. As you are probably aware, there are many more VATPAC Instructors than there are VATNZ, so tailoring the course to fit both divisions is proving a little challenging for the team.

I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you, we are working on trying to complete the course, but I do not want to release a half completed P3 Course, so the wait on this may be in upwards of 4 months before the final product is released.

If you would like to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in creating our course, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via my email (j.micallef(at)vatoce.net) I would be happy to bring additional hands & knowledge on to finish the course.

Thanks for your time!

Joshua Micallef
C3 Senior Controller | I1 Instructor
VATPAC Director, Events| ATC Training Instructor
E:
[email protected]

3000+ Hours on the Network