You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"The server XXX could not be found in the server list"

Nguyen Le 1411341

Nguyen Le 1411341
Posted
Posted

That warning message has appeared since I was trying to connect to the XSquawkbox server. Mine is SINGAPORE.

I tried to choose other servers but they were all disable. I don't know how to fix it. Please help me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

In those cases where "the server could not be found" or there is an "error connecting to the server", it has always come out handy to type directly the server IP. You can find this on VATSIM's data feed or on services such as Vattastic.

Me.

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
That warning message has appeared since I was trying to connect to the XSquawkbox server. Mine is SINGAPORE.

I tried to choose other servers but they were all disable. I don't know how to fix it. Please help me.

XSB doesn't disable server list items - either they're there or they're not.

A message "The server ... could not be found in the server list" is literally what it means - the entry in the server text box is not identified as an address (addresses must have at least one dot otherwise XSB thinks you're dealing with a server list name), and couldn't be matched against the server IDs in the server list.

The likely causes are:

• There was an error fetching the server list (details will be in Log.txt)
  • The server you selected from the drop-down previously is no longer in the server list. (Select a new one)
  • You typed out the server name and it didn't match the entry in the server list exactly. (Please don't do this - use the drop-down - you'll save us both headaches).
  • You're trying to use a proxy and you haven't read the FAQ about connecting to localhost.

Name resolution errors and connection errors are reported differently in the latest versions of XSB to make it easier to identify the specific cause.

If the error is of the form: "The server '...' could not be resolved.", then there was a immediate error from our networking layer whilst trying to connect - the most likely causes being malformed IP address or invalid hostname.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.