You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EGBB-LSGS FP help

Dave Wild

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

Help!

I am trying to flight plan a route from Birmingham (EGBB) to Sion (LSGS) but an stuck for the approach into Sion.

Routefinder gives me a route to MOLUS then DCT LSGS.

I know the approach to Sion starts at MOT VOR but can only guess at route from MOLUS to MOT.

My guess is

MOLUS UN871 SOSAL Z61 FRI W105 MOT

Could someone confirm that route is acceptable please?

Ta

Christian Peters 854492
Posted
Posted
I know the approach to Sion starts at MOT VOR but can only guess at route from MOLUS to MOT.

You have to fly a direct between MOLUS and MOT (35NM only)!

Christian

Christian Peters / Dep. Director Düsseldorf FIR

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted
Hi Dave,

try this routing: COWLY UN615 XAMAB UL612 MELEE UN136 VERIX UM605 ATN UM975 MOLUS UN871 SOSAL Z61 FRI W105 ALETO

Thanks Andreas, that's almost exactly what I have, only difference is UM605 all the way to MOLUS

BTW the route Routefinder provided for the return trip was almost useless but spending some time with FSNav has given me a route out of Sion.

Liked the pictures of your 'office' posted elsewhere Andreas , and will be flying to Innsbruck next time ATC is booked for there, got to give you guys a laugh sometimes

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

hehe

anyways, if you are planning a flight to/from the area of VACC-SAG (that is Switzerland, Austria, Germany), then check for real-world-routes at our VACC-SAG Flightplan Center. If you register with the FPC (for free) you are also able to request routings, if the one you are interested in is not available. Just note that we only add routes that begin and/or end within the area of VACC-SAG.

Dave Wild
Posted
Posted

I did check the FP page at VACC-SAG Andreas and was going to try and tie in with one of the internal routes but as I was so close I thought I'd check if my educated guesswork was acceptable.