You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to connect to VATSIM.

John Park

John Park
Posted
Posted

When I click on connect I get the message " The Server could not be found in the server list" . Changing the Server has no effect, the message is the same. I use vroute.info premium and that works but I get "Error fetching data from server: 500. The table "response times" is full. Anyone help, please?

John Park

• 2 weeks later...
John Park
Posted
Posted

Must have been an Internet problem all was well the next day.

John Park

• 4 months later...
alex faria 1439588
Posted
Posted

i cant connect to vatsim , x plane 11 and x squawk box. says: id or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word error, anyone knows whats the problem?on vatsim i can log in with no problems

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just a guess, but did you recently join, reactivate, or change your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word? If so, chances are you didn't read the big, red, bold text on the membership web page that plainly states that it can take up to 24 hours for your membership information to propagate to the multiple servers within the network.

Just teasing a little.

VATSIM is made up of a bunch of servers that are all interconnected. However, membership data is pushed to each server once or twice (or so) a day -- it's not instantaneous for all servers. So if you're within the first 24 hours, you could try connecting to another server. As the day goes on, more and more of the servers will receive your membership information. Then, after the 24 hours has elapsed, you may choose to connect to the server closest to you so you can take advantage of the proximity (lower ping rate, etc.).

--

A proud supporter, because reading brings so much knowledge, of Reading is Fundamental http://www.rif.org

riflogo.jpg

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations