You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Add aircraft to Model list in xsquawkbox

Daniel laird 1220910

Daniel laird 1220910
Posted
Posted

I created a CSL model for the Eurofox (EFOX) yesterday but now when I type EFOX into the model it says unknown or Custom but it is showing in the list in the file Doc8643.txt within squawkbox resources folder.

File located in X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\XSquawkBox\Resources (Doc8643.txt)

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Thanks

Daniel

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted
I created a CSL model for the Eurofox (EFOX) yesterday but now when I type EFOX into the model it says unknown or Custom but it is showing in the list in the file Doc8643.txt within squawkbox resources folder

This is as intended (right now). If you type in your 4 letter ICAO code directly, XSB is hands off and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umes you know what you're doing. (Hence the "Custom or Unknown" designation).

The only thing the popup is for is for finding the correct ICAO when you don't know it - you type in a partial name to match, and then select the popup, and it puts the right ICAO code in.

The entries in the connect dialogue bear absolutely no bearing on XSB's local model matching - only on how your client is presented to the network.

(Edit: hrm. Just confirmed that it isn't matching it - I suspect this is a matcher edge-case like we had in the airline one where too many matches cause it to ignore the obvious one in some circomestances - I'll have a dig during the weekend to see if I can isolate it - for now, use the manual entry)

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Daniel laird 1220910
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your response. If necessary I can send you the files I have created if that will make life any easier for you?