You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Frequency not matching POF file

Vince Acres 1145296

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted

All the positions show up correctly except for one.

CHI_S_APP will only show up as "AA"

35kr6h5.png

2db3psl.png

2lvmgw7.png

When I change the frequency to "128.201" it shows up as "1S" like it should.

33pc0t4.png

2drt3jn.png

292pfk2.png

There are also no other positions in the POF file using the same frequency or ID.

Also it shows up in VRC but not in vSTARs as "1S"

Any ideas?

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure I understand the problem ... your post title refers to the POF file, but you are showing screenshots of the RDVS config. Can you perhaps rephrase the issue?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted

In the POF file the position is listed as “128.200” for the frequency and “1S” as the tag. When you prime up on vSTARS on “128.200” the position tag does not change to “1S” rather it still shows “AA”. But when I change the frequency in the POF to “128.201” and prime up on “128.201” vSTARS will recognize the frequency and the tag will change to”1S”.

That being said nothing to do with the RDVS but for some reason vSTARS does not like “128.200” and wil not recognize any position [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with that frequency.

If I were to open VRC the position will show up correctly as “1S” on 128.200 but not in vSTARS.

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Can you provide me with a link to download the facility file that you've imported the POF into?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Vince, I'm sure Ross will be able to figure it out a lot faster than me - I have limited experience with vSTARS. Just wondering, though, when you go into the Facility Engineer settings, Positions & Aliases tab, is 1S identified as a Facility Sector ID? If not, does adding it solve the issue? I just downloaded the ZAU C90 vSTARS file and don't see it in the list. Also, 28200/1S is not in the InFacility list in the vSTARS configuration file. Not sure if either matters to this issue, but it's all I can think of.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted (edited)
Can you provide me with a link to download the facility file that you've imported the POF into?
Edited by Guest

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted

Don,

Yes I’ve tried that I even deleted everything and just had 1S still wouldn’t show up. Also the InFacility list configuration file what are you referring to?

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

In the VSTARSC90150714 file I just downloaded from the ZAU website, here is the InFacility section:

<PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_1_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="28450" SectorID="2J" PositionSymbol="1" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_2_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="19000" SectorID="2Z" PositionSymbol="2" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_3_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="20550" SectorID="2W" PositionSymbol="3" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_4_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="18400" SectorID="R4" PositionSymbol="4" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_5_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="19350" SectorID="R5" PositionSymbol="5" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Approach" RadioName="CHI_6_APP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="33500" SectorID="R6" PositionSymbol="6" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Departure" RadioName="CHI_7_DEP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="DEP" Frequency="25000" SectorID="B" PositionSymbol="7" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Departure" RadioName="CHI_8_DEP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="DEP" Frequency="25400" SectorID="M" PositionSymbol="8" />
     <PositionInfo PositionType="InFacility" SectorName="Chicago Departure" RadioName="CHI_9_DEP" Prefix="CHI" Suffix="DEP" Frequency="27400" SectorID="K" PositionSymbol="9" />

Neither 28200 or 1S is defined in that file. Might not mean anything, because I'm not entirely sure the logic, but just an observation in case it helps.

You may also be working with a different file that's not up on the website for download. If that's the case, feel free to email it to me if you like (vatusa11-at-vatusa-.-net) and I'll take a gander at that (unless Ross chimes in and says I'm barking up a wrong tree).

Don Desfosse

Daniel Everman
Posted
Posted

Ross, I think we were discussing a similar issue during one of the ZBW FNOs in April. If I remember correctly the PARSO16 sector of ZBW also wasn't displaying its correct sector ID in A90's vSTARS profile. Interestingly enough, PARSO16's frequency is also 128.2 so there could be the same thing causing the issue.

Daniel Everman

ZMP DATM

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted (edited)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ewrg3qy4cvul36/ZAU%20POF%201.5.pof?dl=0

That's a POF file ... I need to see the facility file.

Edited by Guest

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This does appear to be the same issue as with other sectors where the decimal part is 200. There is a bug where .NET p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]s the string into a floating point value, and there is a decimal precision error that causes the value to end up as 128.199.

Strangely, your facility file has the value as zero:

<PositionInfo PositionType="Other" SectorName="South Sat 1" RadioName="CHI_S_APP " Prefix="CHI" Suffix="APP" Frequency="0" SectorID="1S" PositionSymbol="S" />

Note sure why that is ...

Anyway, your facility engineer just needs to manually edit the vSTARSConfig.xml file and change the frequency entry to "28200" and re-export the facility for your controllers to import.

Incidentally, I noticed that this line of your POF is missing the second field, so your FE needs to correct it:

Champaign Clearance Delivery:128.750:ZC:D:CMI:DEL:CMI:DEL:6560:6577

I have it on my list to fix the bug.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I noticed that the PositionInfo is "Other". Should it be

Don Desfosse

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Probably ... that's caused by including the sector ID in the list of in-facility sectors. That doesn't affect the sector ID matching up correctly in the controller list, though. That only affects things like transferring scratchpads intra-facility.

Vince Acres 1145296
Posted
Posted

Thanks Ross works now,

FYI the same thing happens in vERAM with 128.200. I was able to update the file manually the same way I did with vSTARs.

Vince Acres - 1145296

ZAU Facility Engineer

• 2 years later...
Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

Was this bug ever addressed?

Nate Johns

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

- Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nate Johns said:

Was this bug ever addressed?

It has not been addressed yet.

Nate Johns
Posted
Posted

Thank  you.

Nate Johns

"All things are difficult before they are easy."

- Dr. Thomas Fuller, Gnomologia, 1732

• 1 month later...
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This issue has been fixed and will be in the new version I'll be releasing soon, which will likely be v1.3.

Dustin Rider
Posted
Posted

Thank you, Ross.